wage budgets and loans

ajohn1993

Hi,

New to FM touch - but think I am seeing an issue with the wage budget and loans.

1 - noticed when two loans at my club ended and went back at the end of the first season - they were pre-existing real-life deals - on a combined salary of 70k/week (which I was paying 50k) went back to parents - my wage being spent / available didn't change at all. Seemed odd. Double-checked and added wages of current squad + reserves - doesn't adds up to the total being "spent" in the budgets section so must be including those 2 players wages. Nor do the back-room staff wages add up to that either. So basically being locked out of 25% of my wage budget.

I have since given players new contracts and sold players and that did change my wage spend - so no issue there. 

2 - tried to test this loan issue by adding a manager in a random league, terminating some loans where they contributed to wages - no change to wage spend.  Signed two cheap loans (paying 100%) - no change to wage being spent once they signed. 

So in short - wages don't seem to be getting added when you loan-in and when a player leaves they don't reduce - so kind of leaves you hamstrung by any loans you inherit, as these are clearly still being counted towards my wage total. Only other thing I can think of is if appearance fees/goal bonuses count as your wage budget?

Not quite sure what is happening - many thanks. Playing on a MAC. 

Hi @ajohn1993,

Have you checked in Transfers > Clauses too, as sometimes your club are paying wage contributions for players that have already been sold? There may be some other wage information on that page that may give you an idea of the wages being spent.

Other fees, such as appearance fees, may be contributing too as well as Monthly fees so worth having a look at these too; worth keeping an eye out on the difference between committed and currently spending.

Backroom staff wages don't count towards total budget.

If you still think there's an issue then send us a save game and we'll take a closer look, details below:

Please let us know the name of the file once it has been sent.

Thanks,

Harrison

• 2 months later...

Hi,

this is still an issue despite downloading latest update. 

I have started new saves etc. and still have the problem, terminating or ending a player's loan (either deliberately or at end of contract) but current wage spending remains exactly the same. Current and committed remain the same.

Attached a recent example. I created a save, went on holiday banning transfers and returned in january, terminated Barkley's loan and his wage didn't come out of the budget (which villa contributed to). Have had this problem with our teams/saves too. I'll upload a file "villa wage bug"

Brgds,

Hi @ajohn1993,

In terms of the Barkley situation and any instance where you terminate a loan prematurely, your club will continue to pay the wages for the duration of the agreed upon contract.

I think for player's loans coming to at end of contract, this may take a while to appear as a change in the finances tab. This will be monitored by our team and if you still think there's an issue after a period of time then do let us know.

Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention,

Harrison

6 hours ago, Harrison Modeste said:

Hi @ajohn1993,

In terms of the Barkley situation and any instance where you terminate a loan prematurely, your club will continue to pay the wages for the duration of the agreed upon contract.

I think for player's loans coming to at end of contract, this may take a while to appear as a change in the finances tab. This will be monitored by our team and if you still think there's an issue after a period of time then do let us know.

Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention,

Harrison

Hi Harrison and thanks for response,

Noted re the termination - though I don't recall that being the case in previous games.

It's definitely still an issue a month after the players leaving the club. Re-uploading another game, just pressed "go on holiday" at the start - checked the wages the day before the loan deals end, over a month later (and season switchover) and the budget is unchanged. There are about to be a load of contract expiries, so that'll mess it up, but budget is still virtually same as it was at start of the game, despite bolasie, bettinnelli and kebano leaving in may (c. 70k/week of wages). I've re-uploaded a game with the name "boro wage bug". Note this is latest version of game as it has January transfers included. 

I appreciate it's quite a banal point, but to be honest it makes it basically pointless to play the game - you can't build a team with any club that starts with a player on loan on a decent chunk of wages, which is 99% of the game. 

Also, shouldn't loan wages not be included in "committed spending" either, by default they're for this season, not next season. 

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem. I've tried with different teams and countries and it is always the same: when I make a loan offer, the wage is included in committed spending, but when the offer is accepted and the player is in my team, this wage amount disappear from committed spending, but it is not included in currently spending, so they are basically free loans. If I don't want to cheat, I have to manually control how much i'm spending on wage loans and it is a bit annoying. It's a pity I can't play the game this year because of this bug.

I'm wondering if there will be more patches this year or we'll have to wait until FMT 22 is released.

• 3 weeks later...