[FM21] Make England Fun Again

Simple mod to make managing in England fun again:

• Removed Brexit.
  • Removed salary cap from Leagues One & Two.
  • Increased squad size for League One & Two to 25
  • Lowered England's Youth Intake age to 14 & raised Youth Rating to 155

(Min Youth Intake age is bugged right now so you will get 15-16 year olds instead of 14-15 year olds. SI knows about the issue. The mod behavior is still better than default.)

Make England Fun Again.fmf

Someone asked me for a version of this without the Youth Rating change, and I thought, "Oh that's easy just go in and remove the single DB change and then revalidate..." but no it won't simply re-validate because no rules were changed so it thinks it IS validated although the editor upper right says "Not Verified" and the game won't let you use it.

So I re-did it quick and here it is with no England Youth rating change. Everything else is as described above.

Make England Fun Again - Default Youth Rating.fmf

6 hours ago, DominicForza said:

I'm beginning to learn how to use Advanced Editor for first time this edition and doing ok...it is a learning curve. 

Can you help me - where are the Salary Cap and Squad Size settings for League 1 & 2 located?  

Haha me too, I never used the editor until this year,

Not surprised you ask that because I had a devil of a time finding them, they are not in the competition where you would expect. You have to go to England in Advanced Rules, then look under Match Rules and there is an entry for each competition. Under those look at Squad Selection Rules and then it's pretty straightforward.

On 06/12/2020 at 21:55, BedeviledEgg said:

Haha me too, I never used the editor until this year,

Not surprised you ask that because I had a devil of a time finding them, they are not in the competition where you would expect. You have to go to England in Advanced Rules, then look under Match Rules and there is an entry for each competition. Under those look at Squad Selection Rules and then it's pretty straightforward.

Aha!  I FINALLY found it!

Advanced Rules>England>Fixture Rules>Rules 3 Eng_League_1_Fixture_Rules>Squad Selection!

I hadn't seen that Squad Selection was in another Sub Menu in the Fixture Rules>Rules 3 Eng_League_1_Fixture_Rules!

Ah, good times. 

Thanks for your help BedeviledEgg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 05/12/2020 at 21:08, BedeviledEgg said:

Simple mod to make managing in England fun again:

• Removed Brexit.
  • Removed salary cap from Leagues One & Two.
  • Increased squad size for League One & Two to 25
  • Lowered England's Youth Intake age to 14 & raised Youth Rating to 155

(Min Youth Intake age is bugged right now so you will get 15-16 year olds instead of 14-15 year olds. SI knows about the issue. The mod behavior is still better than default.)

Make England Fun Again.fmf 500.79 kB · 35 downloads

Thanks for this!

Just a quick question - I’ve been using an edited Man Utd team (ie loads of old players as staff). I’m guessing I’d have to re-edit a version of this file if i wanted all those staff to appear again?