Transfer Target Update

HarryG_95

I’d like to be able to set long term transfer target goals to help the board set budgets and expectations. For example, I may not currently be able to afford to buy, say, Donarumma, but next season I know I’m going to need a new goalkeeper and he will be my main transfer target in the next window. Some kind of forward planning with the director of football or board in terms of transfers would be much more realistic than ‘I want this player’ and the DoF submitting a bid five minutes later, if I wanted to do that I could have just placed the bid myself. This could be incorporated into the club vision for example as part of a five year transfer plan such as ‘I need to strengthen these areas in a certain order, these are my preferred targets and this is when I think I’ll need them.’ It could also make the board more proactive with transfers in the situation where another club are trying to take next seasons transfer target so the board decide to free up budget and move early so as not to miss out, kind of like the situation Man Utd were in when getting Rooney from Everton

• 2 months later...