Set Play Routines

kingwilljh

I think there needs to be a revamp of set-plays to make it more realistic and user friendly.

A good idea would be that all coaches in the game have set-play coaching attributes, such as for throw-ins, corners & free-kicks. We should then have to select which coach takes charge of these areas.
Coaches with low attributes for set-plays will only know basic routines, whereas coaches with high attributes will know several routines.

In a separate screen we should see all the set-play routines that our coaches have available. For attacking corner kicks there should be three types of routine, in-swinging, out-swinging and short. Each of the three types should have a frequency setting (predominant, occasional, rare, never) that will determine how often these types of routine are used in the next match.
Each individual routine should have a checkbox that if selected will make it available for upcoming game. If you just wanted in-swinging corners then don't select any out-swinging or short routines. If you select more than 1 in-swinging corner routines, the routine you place higher in the list will be favoured most often. It would be good to see stats on the performance of each routine (e.g. goals, shot at goal, defence cleared etc) so we can see which routines are performing the best over the season. In addition, if a coach goes on a course, on their return they should have learned new set-play routines that will be available for us to choose from.

I feel that this would save time for managers having to manually set-up numerous set play routines. Instead the coaches have the routines already set-up and automatically assign the best possible players to the roles within the routine. It would just be a matter of selecting which routines you wish to use and how often (if you cant be bothered to do that you can just leave it up to your coach).  For those that want to spend hours creating set play routines and choosing which players fill each role that option would still be available as well.

Although I've only mentioned corners here, the same principles could also be rolled out for throw-in and free-kick routines.

Cheers

• 1 month later...