Homegrown Players

2 hours ago, Gary James said:

Am I right that this year players can be loaned out and still earn their quota towards becoming home grown?

This wasn't the case in previous versions of FM

If you loan to another team in your country, you get the time towards national homegrown, but they have to be at your club for them to become club homegrown.

2 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

If you loan to another team in your country, you get the time towards national homegrown, but they have to be at your club for them to become club homegrown.

If that is the case how does this guy have home grown status for Juventus and my club Cesena?

image.thumb.png.8e47261b2190581215fdfed9cfab4581.pngimage.thumb.png.20b77e1dc7aca14fd987cbc269285623.png

That suggests to me that you can earn home grown status for your club whilst o loan otherwise he would not be home grown for Juve

It's entirely possible that the home grown status for Juve is incorrect in the database. Per the rules, to be club homegrown you need to spend 3 years before the age of 21 at the club (not on loan), and that player hasn't met those requirements for Juve. I've reported it in the Italian database bug thread now: 

1 minute ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

It's entirely possible that the home grown status for Juve is incorrect in the database. Per the rules, to be club homegrown you need to spend 3 years before the age of 21 at the club (not on loan), and that player hasn't met those requirements for Juve. I've reported it in the Italian database bug thread now: 

Thanks for clearing that up mate just wanted to know if the rules had changed as I would very much like to have my best youth prospects home grown but also get first team football lol.

Not an issue I need to worry about being in the lower divisions currently.