Player current ability/potential ability (according to coach) not matching actual editor data

7 hours ago, FlorianAlbert9 said:

it is not a bug. 

instead it is a great thing. 

not always staff can judge correctly the potential 
(and i think they even should be more often wrong)

I would believe it if other staff member with better JPA would give more accurate stars, but they all think the same about the player. Also kinda strange that they both reached "max potential" at 18 i would say... What player reaches max potential at 18? Body is not even fully formed at this age in real life...

Sounds  very weird to me, someone from SI can confirm?

2 ore fa, twitch tv ivivaj ha scritto:

I would believe it if other staff member with better JPA would give more accurate stars, but they all think the same about the player. Also kinda strange that they both reached "max potential" at 18 i would say... What player reaches max potential at 18? Body is not even fully formed at this age in real life...

Sounds  very weird to me, someone from SI can confirm?

For the first thing, it depends: different staff could produce different stars:

Go to: report-team depth-show potential ability than you can select staff in opinion of. 

For the second thing:

It Is a something i always fight to change, but currently It works in this way: the real potential ability It is a fixed stat that can be reached even at 17 year if It Is similar to the current ability.

20 minutes ago, FlorianAlbert9 said:

For the first thing, it depends: different staff could produce different stars:

Go to: report-team depth-show potential ability than you can select staff in opinion of.

Here you can see my coaching team. JPA ranges from 6 to 14

image.png.a2f4d697743e78d0ce5aa2e4fcbef214.png

When getting the opinion of ANY of them (either from squad depth as you suggested or from staff responsibilities) I get the same, 2/5 stars:

image.png.ca9ce335671b46729823e6b7d9974d73.png

As i said, for me this is a bug. The way i'd expect it to work is:

1- You sign a young player with 30 CA/170 PA = you get 1 star / 5 stars. once you get close to 170 CA, you will have 5/5 stars

2-You sign a young player with 30CA/50 PA= you get 1 star/5 stars (because your scouts or coaches have crap JPA), but once your player gets closer and closer to 50 CA, the 5 potential ability stars get reduced until it balances at 2/2 stars or whatever. but in the end if the player has reached max potential CA=PA no matter what.

That's the way it used to work of past games as far as I could tell, and the way that makes sense for me, thats why I'd love clarification from SI on this one. Hope it makes sense.

Thanks

3 minuti fa, twitch tv ivivaj ha scritto:

Here you can see my coaching team. JPA ranges from 6 to 14

image.png.a2f4d697743e78d0ce5aa2e4fcbef214.png

When getting the opinion of ANY of them (either from squad depth as you suggested or from staff responsibilities) I get the same, 2/5 stars:

image.png.ca9ce335671b46729823e6b7d9974d73.png

As i said, for me this is a bug. The way i'd expect it to work is:

1- You sign a young player with 30 CA/170 PA = you get 1 star / 5 stars. once you get close to 170 CA, you will have 5/5 stars

2-You sign a young player with 30CA/50 PA= you get 1 star/5 stars (because your scouts or coaches have crap JPA), but once your player gets closer and closer to 50 CA, the 5 potential ability stars get reduced until it balances at 2/2 stars or whatever. but in the end if the player has reached max potential CA=PA no matter what.

That's the way it used to work of past games as far as I could tell, and the way that makes sense for me, thats why I'd love clarification from SI on this one. Hope it makes sense.

Thanks

Ok, in my save game the star changes even i have staff with 8 and 7. 

So ok, maybe SI should look at your save and make the report more flessible. 

On your other point, you have to consider that the player is still 18yo so the potential report shouldn't not change. 

Once you past 20 without get better staff will reduce their report

I would consider Ravel Morrison, touted as being the greatest talent most of the squad had seen. He never even got close to his potential.

Even if a player has reached max potential at young age it doesn't mean it is a bug. Think Michael Owen. He definitely peaked at a young age.

Coaches and Scouts can only guide you to a certain extent and a bit like real life nothing is 100% certain. The way the player could develop could be affected by a number of things from game time being too little or too much at a young age, personality, mentoring correctly, players around him. There are so many things that can affect it. Personally I love that it is like this. You could invest a load of time into a player and be frustrated when he doesn't turn out how you hoped he would. Think of how frustrated Alex Ferguson must be with the players he has had through his doors that had great potential and never fulfilled it. 

On the flip side though I also love it when I get an average player that out performs the coaches or scouts reports and it does happen.

Last thing I would want is it being easy and knowing exactly which player is going to turn out the best and how to do that.

• SI Staff

Hi @twitch tv ivivaj

This is expected behaviour and working as intended. 

There are plenty of examples of players who do peak at a young age in real life, and almost all of them would have been predicted to continue to improve at the time. 

Staff's JPA and JPP do make a difference here, but there are always likely to be differences between a player's perceived potential ability and their actual potential ability.

13 minutes ago, Andrew James said:

Hi @twitch tv ivivaj

There are plenty of examples of players who do peak at a young age in real life, and almost all of them would have been predicted to continue to improve at the time. 

Staff's JPA and JPP do make a difference here, but there are always likely to be differences between a player's perceived potential ability and their actual potential ability.

Alright, thanks for clarification. I never spotted this exact situation (all coaches no matter what JPA giving a difference of 3 stars CA/PA) in all the years I've been playing and thats why it seemed strange to spot at least 2 on my own team at the same time.

Have a nice day

i think it's the worst part of this game , to spend countless games and time to "develop" a player that has had enough i mean coaches in real life obviously saw a potential in ravel morrison but were quick to realize he wouldn't make the cut! now i spent 120 games on bellingham with a potential of a 5 star only for him to become a 3 star ****.. ? 

Why is there no warning at all? i mean if you have a man like steve rowley who has been in the game for a long time and then a scout who just started surely the man who's scouted and looked at players for 40 years could see the difference a lot sooner ? 

Who decided this for got sake? 

i mean a perfect example would be guendozi right now , they though he would be a superstar and one season later they decided he didn't have the mentality for the premier league ? where is the sense in all this?

On 09/12/2020 at 15:34, Andrew James said:

Hi @twitch tv ivivaj

Take this one for an example i have been criticizing his training for 2 months now and he just tells me i'm wrong and it's fine and all that, he keeps declining and no matter what i say or do he wont train better i threatened him with less playing time when he spoke back and he didn't give a "****" , then i go on and put his playing time to squad player and he was upset like it was out of the blue! and there was no option to tell him i did that because of the training ! so 50 mill down the drain for a plyer who doesn't give a ****?

develope hart 2.png

Develope hart.png