[FM21] Client Object Browser Main Screen Layout

cambo900

Hoping somebody may be able to assist with my problem. I have change the sidebar size so that it does not take up the whole of the left side of the screen and I was hoping to be able to offset the content area of the screen so that they do not overlap. I have managed to find a way of moving the main content area so that the two to not overlap however when I do so, content moves off of the right part of the screen.

Before

Code:

<!-- main area - contains sections/actions panel and content areas -->
                                    <container id="main">
                                        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />
                                        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />
                                        <!-- screen content area -->
                                        <container id="scca" auto_size="horizontal">
                                            <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true">
                                                <global id="inset" name="ui.main_content_margin"/>
                                            </layout>
                                        </container>

Picture:

image.thumb.png.8dd02b36c7715ab8c036f6d0d92a3696.png

After

Code:

<container id="main">
                                        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />
                                        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left" inset="34" apply_to_children="true" />
                                            <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true">
                                            </layout>
                                        </container>

Picture:

image.thumb.png.9f74a32f30fd55c9b251d35259611854.png

I have tried everything I can think of and cant seem to find a solution!

33 minutes ago, cambo900 said:

Hoping somebody may be able to assist with my problem. I have change the sidebar size so that it does not take up the whole of the left side of the screen and I was hoping to be able to offset the content area of the screen so that they do not overlap. I have managed to find a way of moving the main content area so that the two to not overlap however when I do so, content moves off of the right part of the screen.

Before

Code:

<container id="main">
                                        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />
                                            </layout>
                                        </container>

Picture:

image.thumb.png.8dd02b36c7715ab8c036f6d0d92a3696.png

After

Code:

<container id="main">
                                        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left" inset="34" apply_to_children="true" />
                                            </layout>
                                        </container>

Picture:

image.thumb.png.9f74a32f30fd55c9b251d35259611854.png

I have tried everything I can think of and cant seem to find a solution!

Did you try to just put the default "client object browser" back? If you select "icons only" in preferences there will be no overlap and yes, if you input  alignment="left" inset="34" the rest of the screen will move over to the right so that is not a good solution.

It looks like you are using (part of the) code that enables the sidebar to be hidden, as when it unhides it will "overlap" the screen when the mouse hovers over it. This means you are not using a "clean" xml file,