Importing Tactics

Markx3

This is the first FM touch that I have played, but it seems that you used to be able to import .fmf files through itunes and in to the FM folder, you could then use the interface on the 'load tactics' to find the file. In this version, you cannot move around the folders or go up a level to find the .fmf file. Neither can you save in to the tactics file directly.

Is there another way of importing tactics? Or is this a bug?

Hi @Markx3,

Im assuming here you are importing tactics from PC to your tablet? in that case you could import your save to your device via the same steam account on cross-sync - the save will then have your tactic already imported on that save where you then should be able to save it locally to your device.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Harry

20 hours ago, Harry Dunning said:

Hi @Markx3,

Im assuming here you are importing tactics from PC to your tablet? in that case you could import your save to your device via the same steam account on cross-sync - the save will then have your tactic already imported on that save where you then should be able to save it locally to your device.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Harry

Thanks Harry,

I could do with some handholding here - I've really tried! I purchased FM2021 on my ipad via the appstore.

I've enabled cross-sync (on the FM app on the main screen on the ipad) and logged it in to my steam account - it says "No registered version of Football Manager 2021 Touch found."

I can see my saves on the cross sync box (on the ipad) , and it looks like I have successfully  uploaded one save to the cloud (by the cloud icon next to the save)

But on steam (on the PC)  there is no record of FM2021, I can't see the saves or the any record that I have played it. Do I need to download it on the PC too? When I've looked at that - there is a charge - I thought it would cross-purchase?

Am I missing something?

Edited by Markx3

Hey Mark,
I have been in the same situation as you.
What I have done is that on my macbook desktop I have created a "tactics" folder and put there all the downloaded tactics. Then that folder I would drag it to my FM21 touch folder on iPad in the Finder, this way it will overwrite the original tactics folder on ipad. Next time when you would go into the games you will have the tactics.
I have raised this as a bug in the previous update of FM20 touch and answer I got back was that was a User Experience decision to remove the browse through folders button on touch. 

Edited by Tata Urs

On 09/12/2020 at 15:09, Tata Urs said:

Hey Mark,
I have been in the same situation as you.
What I have done is that on my macbook desktop I have created a "tactics" folder and put there all the downloaded tactics. Then that folder I would drag it to my FM21 touch folder on iPad in the Finder, this way it will overwrite the original tactics folder on ipad. Next time when you would go into the games you will have the tactics.
I have raised this as a bug in the previous update of FM20 touch and answer I got back was that was a User Experience decision to remove the browse through folders button on touch. 

@Tata Urs thank-you for this. It is a great work around.

For the PC:

connect the ipad to itunes

go to file sharing / FM21 touch

click on tactics folder and "save" to your desktop (or some other location)

copy your .fmf tactics file to the tactics folder on your desktop

drag the tactics folder back in to the FM 21 touch file sharing screen on itunes.

replacing the existing tactics folder.