[FM21] Newcastle United: The Magpies

stevemc

On 30/01/2021 at 16:32, kevside said:

I managed to get Wilson the European Golden Shoe in my first season.

image.png.b5dcc2cf81ee1864339cdac4f94db333.png

Southgate still didn't pick him for England lol.

Mate don’t ever get me started 239 goals in 250 games for me and he picked up 1 cap, as a sub, against San Marino!

In my 2nd season after finishing 5th in the first season. Got taken over by a Edin Rahic, who by all accounts is just as bad if not worse than Ashley.

Put the club in debt by £200m to buy the club then after a very successful summer I have generated around £80m to the bank on top of the £100m that was already there. 

Does he give me any funds for players? No

Does he give me any training or youth improvements? Nope

Honestly diabolical working under him. Now in 2nd in November with my contract about to run out, I ask for an extension and he says no.

One of the worst chairman I've worked under in this game ever.

2 hours ago, ImDaWeasel said:

In my 2nd season after finishing 5th in the first season. Got taken over by a Edin Rahic, who by all accounts is just as bad if not worse than Ashley.

Put the club in debt by £200m to buy the club then after a very successful summer I have generated around £80m to the bank on top of the £100m that was already there. 

Does he give me any funds for players? No

Does he give me any training or youth improvements? Nope

Honestly diabolical working under him. Now in 2nd in November with my contract about to run out, I ask for an extension and he says no.

One of the worst chairman I've worked under in this game ever.

Rahic is the former owner of Bradford if you didn't know.  I think this link might make you laugh. 

https://www.otbfootball.net/the-rahic-era-where-are-they-now/

8 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Rahic is the former owner of Bradford if you didn't know.  I think this link might make you laugh. 

https://www.otbfootball.net/the-rahic-era-where-are-they-now/

Ah christ! Does sound familiar though. Well done to SI research team for getting this charlatan right but wish he wasn't in the game! Hopefully get bought over again quickly then.

2 hours ago, thebigfella said:

i get taken over by the same guy every game i play with newcastle David "mike ashley mk2" Dishon.. put the club in loads of depot to buy it and lowered my money from transfers to 20%.

Are you starting new saves or just loading up an existing save file and starting with newcastle?

On 15/12/2020 at 08:43, stevemc said:

Newcastle United 2020/21 (Season 1 - Mid-season):

Turns out we are having a very good season :D Certainly over achieving, but most of the new players have settled in nicely, we are 2nd although it's very tight up there but it's basically down to Callum Wilson banging in 26 goals so far!

epl.png

You can see here how insane Wilson is performing...

wilson.png

We had a really tough January though, a takeover was going through so we were placed under embargo in mid-December, this dragged on until around 20th January when Mike Ashley pulled the plug, leaves us just a week to get some business done. The deal for Matías Arezo was cancelled, not sure if that was because of the transfer embargo, or the new work permit rules that came in on January 1st but it left us short up top.

I made a few sales/loans to raise £16m, just enough to tie up a deal for Brazilian wonderkid Brenner, only for the deal to collapse at the last minute when the board wouldn't allow me to adjust the budget by £500,000. On deadline day, I went in for Victor Fischer but we ran out of time to complete the deal. So a total nightmare January.

I did manage to bring back club legend Les Ferdinand though as Director of Football :D

les.png

Our terrible domestic cup form continued with Mark Hughes’s Bristol City dumping us out with a 94th minute winner, although they should have won more comfortably.

facup.png

I'm still hoping for a buy out before the summer, so I can see the back of Mike Ashley, although to be fair to him, he's put some money up to upgrade the clubs youth and training facilities, but as it stands they love me...

vision.png

Hi stevemc

Curious as to how the takeover-situation affects the save. Did you get hefty transfer budgets the following seasons after the takeover? And will this be random from save to save (as to how much money you get to spend)? :-)

Sorry for the ignorance - still new to playing the game.

20 minutes ago, Captain Funk said:

Hi stevemc

Curious as to how the takeover-situation affects the save. Did you get hefty transfer budgets the following seasons after the takeover? And will this be random from save to save (as to how much money you get to spend)? :-)

Sorry for the ignorance - still new to playing the game.

No it wasn't a tycoon takeover, so not much changed really.

Just finished pre-season and opened the league campaign winning away at Fulham -  i have just over £20 million left to spend and I want to get the best central defender that i can afford but  the ones that I want won't sign for me and the ones that I can get  are either no better than what I already have or are development projects and i want to win now (patience being overrated). Any suggestions?

18 hours ago, coach forum said:

Just finished pre-season and opened the league campaign winning away at Fulham -  i have just over £20 million left to spend and I want to get the best central defender that i can afford but  the ones that I want won't sign for me and the ones that I can get  are either no better than what I already have or are development projects and i want to win now (patience being overrated). Any suggestions?

Ajer 

• 1 month later...

Turned off first transfer window so will have to make do with what I have.

Looking at the team it isn't too bad, could easier aim for mid table I think.

Currently trying this but not having much success so far. Any help would be great.

Newcastle United_ Overview.png

• 5 months later...