Work Permit Rejected/unable to progress +other work permit related issues

so ive found an issue whereby without going on holiday when a player gets a work permit rejected the continue button is becoming ''Must Respond'' but there is nothing to respond to

b8cbdeffc031137a54c7f4cf851d5b90.png

I am able to bypass this by going on holiday for 1 day. but i HATE going on holiday. as it resets the progression for staying at a club. perfect example every FM i have never been able to get stay at a club for ?? amount of years purely down to going on holiday for even a single day to bypass a bug like this.

furthermore i dont get why ''youth/development'' players are given the same work permit requirements as a ''first team'' player and why the dof/technical director/head of youth etc will say a day after you should transfer list a player because they dont have a work permit ofcause they wont have played 60+% of games for country or have ?? league matches, achievements etc.

or why despite having responsibilities for setting players available for loan transfer etc set as me they will automatically change the status to transfer listed/loan listed even when i set them as not listed/unavailable for loan, and there is no promise to sell/loan them out.

yet the ai teams are able to sign players in the exact same circumstances and get a work permit 90% of the time. infact i can only see 1 ''youth'' player (u23) in every 5 premier league clubs that does not have a work permit all of those being non European players, the majority of mine are European only 8 of the 23 are non European if you dont count dual nationality with a European country so i dont get why human controlled team and ai controlled teams are being treated differently when it comes to work permits.

or why a player such as Alban Lafont who had 206 career apps in Ligue 1 and Serie A  for Fiorentina so not a poor league, 5 u21 caps and had been called up to world cup squad but unused and was rejected a work permit for me on a 50k per week contract 22million gbp transfer, but granted a work permit to go on loan to newly promoted Brighton & Hove Albion for no contribution, then he was granted one so i recalled him but then the work permit vanished so i had to loan him back to them again this time full wages and a loan fee, i also dont get why ai teams the loan fee is paid monthly but when i agree a loan fee on a player it has to be paid upfront. example Aaron Wan-Bissaka loan Fee 2.1 mill already deducted form transfer budget and is apparently also coming out additionally every single month 190k meaning so far i have paid 3.2 mill when it was only supposed to be 2.1 mill total. so now i have triggered the optional purchase fee i expected to be refunded the pre-paid monthly loan fee amount but was not, and the monthly loan amounts are still set to come out, whilst one player i recalled who was on a monthly loan fee amount for the same amount, their incoming loan fee payments have vanished. its not fair.

• SI Staff
4 hours ago, TGEmmaUK said:

so ive found an issue whereby without going on holiday when a player gets a work permit rejected the continue button is becoming ''Must Respond'' but there is nothing to respond to

I am able to bypass this by going on holiday for 1 day. but i HATE going on holiday. as it resets the progression for staying at a club. perfect example every FM i have never been able to get stay at a club for ?? amount of years purely down to going on holiday for even a single day to bypass a bug like this.

I've not seen an example of this internally or reported elsewhere on the forums so would be interested in taking a look at a save where this can be reproduced from. Do you have a save from just before the 'Glosli work permit application rejected' news item is generated? 

furthermore i dont get why ''youth/development'' players are given the same work permit requirements as a ''first team'' player and why the dof/technical director/head of youth etc will say a day after you should transfer list a player because they dont have a work permit ofcause they wont have played 60+% of games for country or have ?? league matches, achievements etc.

The work permit system is a points based system for all players. Youth players are still able to gain points through youth appearances for club and international sides. This is detailed in a document the FA released last week. -  https://www.thefa.com/news/2020/dec/01/gbe-points-based-system-launched-011220

or why despite having responsibilities for setting players available for loan transfer etc set as me they will automatically change the status to transfer listed/loan listed even when i set them as not listed/unavailable for loan, and there is no promise to sell/loan them out

If you have a save game from just before one of these players statuses automatically changes then again we would be interested in taking a look at your save,. 

yet the ai teams are able to sign players in the exact same circumstances and get a work permit 90% of the time. infact i can only see 1 ''youth'' player (u23) in every 5 premier league clubs that does not have a work permit all of those being non European players, the majority of mine are European only 8 of the 23 are non European if you dont count dual nationality with a European country so i dont get why human controlled team and ai controlled teams are being treated differently when it comes to work permits.

There shouldn't be any difference between the human and AI in terms of players who can get a WP. The AI are less likely to sign a mass of players who wouldn't qualify for a WP though. It's more of a user trait to sign large amount of players without a WP. All players will be judged on the same points system regardless if joining human or AI club. 

or why a player such as Alban Lafont who had 206 career apps in Ligue 1 and Serie A  for Fiorentina so not a poor league, 5 u21 caps and had been called up to world cup squad but unused and was rejected a work permit for me on a 50k per week contract 22million gbp transfer, but granted a work permit to go on loan to newly promoted Brighton & Hove Albion for no contribution, then he was granted one so i recalled him but then the work permit vanished so i had to loan him back to them again this time full wages and a loan fee

That sounds like a bug if the player did not have a WP to join you then he should not be getting a WP to join another English club on loan straight away. If you have a save where the player was turned down for a WP at your club then would be interested in taking a look. How recently had you signed Lafont? A minor update was released last week which reduced the points required to attain a WP. 

no i do not have a save prior to any of that. hence why i took a screen shot of that main issue which is clear as daylight to see. its not like i know in advance its going to bug out, to say oh i best create a backup save. but the next time it occurs i will try to create a save. and due to memory i do not keep more than 5 saves at a time. 4 are different saves entirely now whilest 1 is reserved for current save and then most recent which is typically 1 week prior to current save. once ive slept and got back on the game i am in the transfer window and seeking a couple more signings so its possible it will happen again

most of the players signed are all newgens u18 meaning they are all usually from the most recent intake and so wouldnt have many if any youth apps let alone international youth apps, and are all wonderkids or potential future wonderkids including my most recent signing who apparantly hasnt had atleast 60% international appearances and has got 7/7 possible senior caps for Egypt, whilest also being a regular in his former team and is ''premier league quality'' whilest he only got me 1.5mill release clause, his initial 50k p/w wages again seems stupid he did not get a work permit.

you say that the ai would be unlikely to sign these players as they are unlikely to get work permits yet i am always battling out with other premier league clubs for the players, and they are now trying to poach the players for less than i paid/less compensation that are still on a ''youth contract'' due to age, had preagreed fulltime contracts and most were signed for a fee/compensation yet their history shows free transfer, compensation should not be listed as free as it is not technically free

as for the transfer/loan being changed it is completely ongoing through the save including the previous one i uploaded whilest before the save corrupted, yet all transfer/contract is set to me in responsibilities. so if another happens i mean its hard to know when one will be changed and as i save often due to a recent increase in crashes since last update the 2 saves are typically within a week of each other to prevent having to annoyingly go through everything again should anything serious happen .

i have never signed a large ''mass'' of foreign youth during 1 window as i dont mind signing a few each window/season depending on how many i have due to the fact eventually so long as i can prevent my dof or whoever it is from agreeing a loan and me not being able to cancel it (even though as i stated its set a me) they will become home grown at club and should get work permits, and i am happy to play the waiting game just annoying when so many are eating first team wages

i cannot recall Lafont again having only just sent him back out but im hopeful it will be normal when he returns if not i will upload a save.

i also reported another work permit related issue, i could perhaps try to trigger again when the next work permit application is due for players due to join that also triggers the exact same issue as with Glosli. that was just one of many. and i would need to save prior to triggering the issue as it also cause their transfers to be reconfirmed and re-charged despite most of them have been ''charged for'' already.

but there has been no reply to that post or i would just upload my current save as it can often be replicated with any players due to join that do not have a wrok permit