Editor freezes creating competitions when testing

Yespy13

As the title says, the game freezes when I try to test my rules in certain level of competition (level 1 to 3 went correctly).

imagen.png.d096e30d3b8e840af0b8ac552cab94f8.png

Task manager doesn't even seem to have anything wrong, but the bar of the "Creating Competitions" does not move.

What could be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

hace 22 horas, Wolf_pd dijo:

Does it freeze at a certain nation or a specific file?

I have found the problem... It's because I used MLS to make East/West groups in a league and that fails. Do you know if it there is any way to do East/West?

En 19/12/2020 a las 13:55, Wolf_pd dijo:

You can do an MLS style east west split. That has been done before. The issue that I only know them for FM20 atm.

I think it is the same in FM21, what option do I have to choose?

• 3 months later...

I'll post here not to create a new one...

I have the same issue with my custom database for Croatia. I have changed the competition names, edited existing local regions and added new ones, added a bunch of new cities/clubs/stadiums at the lower levels that are not used by the default database (i.e. 4th tier and below, the default database will only create competitions until tier 3).

I did not try to add any changes to the existing league rules and competitions being created. That was going to be my next step. Verifying with basic rules passed, but when I tried to verify with advanced rules it just freezes at 'Creating competitions'.

Any idea how to easily determine what is causing the issue?

4 hours ago, dmakovica said:

I'll post here not to create a new one...

I have the same issue with my custom database for Croatia. I have changed the competition names, edited existing local regions and added new ones, added a bunch of new cities/clubs/stadiums at the lower levels that are not used by the default database (i.e. 4th tier and below, the default database will only create competitions until tier 3).

I did not try to add any changes to the existing league rules and competitions being created. That was going to be my next step. Verifying with basic rules passed, but when I tried to verify with advanced rules it just freezes at 'Creating competitions'.

Any idea how to easily determine what is causing the issue?

I resolved it, but it involved loading a lot of backups, trying them out and finally checking the difference between the last working one and the first failed one. I was hoping for some easier way to do it. :rolleyes:

Anyway, it turns out I put two competitions to a "loop" - they were parent competition to each other. Easy to resolve, hard to track down...