Game Not Providing Enough of a Challenge

KOSGS1

Seen a lot of people talking about similar issues so thought I’d give my two pence.

So far, I’ve found it far too easy to ‘over achieve’ on this year’s edition. For the beta I started a career at Sporting CP. First season, I won the league and cup double (lost in final of league cup), and lost only 1 league match all season. Was able to use my main tactic every game, home or away and regularly stuck 4 or 5 goals past benfica and Porto. Second season, I won the league and cup again. But I also reached the final of the champions league, beating Man City, Real Madrid And Milan in the knockouts. I lost the final 2-1 to Juventus after getting a man sent off. This was all after selling my 2 best players in January and not replacing them - I only signed one back up striker over the course of the two seasons!

When the full game dropped, I started in the bottom tier of Swedish pyramid with no experience or badges. First full season I won the league & promotion, and was top of the league in the next season before being poached by hammarby in the Allsvenskan (unrealistic?). Currently won 7 of my first 8 games at Hammarby, drawing 1. Again, all Coming after selling 3 first team players and not replacing them. 

The cause for this seems to be playing any form of attacking football. If I see someone saying ‘don’t play attacking, test yourself and park the bus’, I’m gonna screw. Are we at the point of playing a football management sim where you can’t play the style of football you like out of fear of doing unbeaten seasons with squads of bang average players?

I’m a huge fan of this series, and when the game gets it right it’s fantastic. But I want a challenge. A genuine challenge, not simply by setting myself ridiculous parameters like only signing players born in Indonesia or players with double barrelled first names.