[FM21]African Extended - Bringing the World of FM to Africa 2021. RELEASED

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Great to see your hard work on this continuing. I've noticed a few more kit packs appearing for African nations too (Senegal, Ivory Coast and most North African countries among them) which will also add an extra layer for people managing in Africa.

Thanks! This update saw the file pass 100k changes (with help from others). Although I think the way the editor counts changes makes this overestimate, but still!

Agreed.  Kit and logo packs are always good for immersion (I have the same logo pack for about 10 years now I guess that I just transplant into new games to save having to find a new one). 

7 minutes ago, sporadicsmiles said:

Thanks! This update saw the file pass 100k changes (with help from others). Although I think the way the editor counts changes makes this overestimate, but still!

Agreed.  Kit and logo packs are always good for immersion (I have the same logo pack for about 10 years now I guess that I just transplant into new games to save having to find a new one). 

That's a lot of changes, excellent. Yes you can just put logos and kits in to the FM21 > graphics > kits to avoid loading a whole new pack if you prefer. I don't think I can link to the latest kits, but PM if you want to see where I found some.

18 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

That's a lot of changes, excellent. Yes you can just put logos and kits in to the FM21 > graphics > kits to avoid loading a whole new pack if you prefer. I don't think I can link to the latest kits, but PM if you want to see where I found some.

Yeah this is what I do, I have just recycled the old logos, and am not using kits yet. And lets be good and stick to forum rules, I will give them a google! Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hiya mate,

I won the league a couple of times in Cameroon, but the league history doesn't update 

Maybe missing the 'winners are champions' tick box on the playoff final or something? Not sure, or one of the league history tick boxes

image.png.c485507d13bd67b549de3fc4c3c90709.png

it does show in my player History and the Hall of Fame, mind you

image.thumb.png.7b02692bc5ba37fa30a6ac2847b62705.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 19/06/2021 at 17:55, Rob 396 said:

Hiya mate,

I won the league a couple of times in Cameroon, but the league history doesn't update 

Maybe missing the 'winners are champions' tick box on the playoff final or something? Not sure, or one of the league history tick boxes

image.png.c485507d13bd67b549de3fc4c3c90709.png

it does show in my player History and the Hall of Fame, mind you

image.thumb.png.7b02692bc5ba37fa30a6ac2847b62705.png

Yes, sorry, Cameroon is being weird and I cannot figure out why. I am planning a huge revamp of all the files in FM22, so hopefully I can fix it then. I suspect this is a conflict with some other changes, but the files at 5 years old and a bit of a mess. 

Hello everybody! I checked the database for myself for duplicates, I attach a file with a list of duplicates I found. I checked the players and staff in all leagues presented in the sporadicsmiles database.

There is a section "possible duplicates" in which I put those who have different dates of birth.

duplicates.txt

On 24/08/2021 at 21:04, Squirrels said:

Hello everybody! I checked the database for myself for duplicates, I attach a file with a list of duplicates I found. I checked the players and staff in all leagues presented in the sporadicsmiles database.

There is a section "possible duplicates" in which I put those who have different dates of birth.

duplicates.txt 25.37 kB · 2 downloads

Duplicates and players aren't created by sporadic for the file, they're created by the SI team ourselves. I'm a researcher so I can delete the duplicates from our database in time for FM22. Thanks for making a list! We went through duplicates our side a while back. I can imagine we've already found many of them, but it's always interesting to see if we've missed any. 

5 часов назад, UnitedJoshdom сказал:

Duplicates and players aren't created by sporadic for the file, they're created by the SI team ourselves. I'm a researcher so I can delete the duplicates from our database in time for FM22. Thanks for making a list! We went through duplicates our side a while back. I can imagine we've already found many of them, but it's always interesting to see if we've missed any. 

It is clear, good luck in such a good business!

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, boettgerdustin said:

Will this amazing work be available for FM22?

Will be back bigger and better than ever! I will make an announcement thread at some point in the near future detailing the changes.

On 11/11/2021 at 10:49, tomi6 said:

Ever thought of making an African super league with divisions/tiers? 

Not really something that fits in with the point of this file, really. Here we try to reproduce the football currently in Africa. And while it will never challenge the big leagues, it is the way things are. Africa is the most under-represented continent by far, and this file is to try and rectify this.

Somewhere on this forum I did release a super league which takes this idea though. All continents have a separate stream with teams from all continents in all leagues, permanently. Maybe you can check this out, and modify to your needs?

7 hours ago, sporadicsmiles said:

Will be back bigger and better than ever! I will make an announcement thread at some point in the near future detailing the changes.

Not really something that fits in with the point of this file, really. Here we try to reproduce the football currently in Africa. And while it will never challenge the big leagues, it is the way things are. Africa is the most under-represented continent by far, and this file is to try and rectify this.

Somewhere on this forum I did release a super league which takes this idea though. All continents have a separate stream with teams from all continents in all leagues, permanently. Maybe you can check this out, and modify to your needs?

Where can I find this?

On 14/11/2021 at 01:57, tomi6 said:

Where can I find this?

This is the file. Note that it is for FM21 still, so you would have to make sure it works properly in FM22 before playing. Currently I do not have plans to update and release this for FM22 - I do not have the time to spend on it currently. 

• 4 weeks later...

An update for anyone who is following this or waiting for an update or some more information.

Given there is a bug with using multiple editor files making players not appear, I do not see the point in releasing my files until it is resolved. There is no point. Given that I try to pride myself on not just building leagues but making them realistic. This includes adding managers so the game is not populated with 1000s of teams to manage when you start up. This is not currently working with the editor. And if you want me to be brutally honest SI have such a terrible track record with actually fixing issues like this that I would be shocked if they actually did it. 

It is quite disillusioning, to be honest, given how much time and effort I sink into these files to have something so trivial I have no clue how it slipped past any quality control. 

So unfortunately I cannot really give an ETA on this. The alternative for me right now is to extract all player and staff changes from individual files, and combine them in a single file. I honestly do not have the time to spend on this to make sure it works. And even then it would not work with any other file that has player changes.