Segunda Division B

Honestly, no, this division was a hot mess. I had no idea what was happening most of the time even during the league stages. And I had around a third of a season where I had nothing to play for since I was already assured to go to the playoffs. 

Luckily I won the playoffs so never thought about it. Which team who won the playoffs did not get promoted? Maybe it was a B team problem? 

Anyway be glad you are out of that nightmare and into a proper understandable league! 

Looking at Wikipedia it's an absolute mess how they've gone about doing it. 

So the regular season you finished 1st so you go into a promotion group. You then won that as well so you went into promotion playoffs.

I don't think FM has realised there's another playoff system after that. It looks like it sent you into two legged ties which is incorrect. Weird.

Next year this division is being demoted to fourth tier and there's a new league beginning. That's why the system is a mess. COVID hasn't helped either.

Edited by Murtiniiii

It looks like your Deportivo first season has mirrored mine: I topped the first two tables then lost to Barcelona B in the play-offs. I was also clueless and thought it was a bug, but can shed some light having entered season two.

You’ve simultaneously been promoted but remained in the third tier. You join a new division in between the Segunda and the existing Segunda B.

The good news is that the board still recognise the promotion target as having been met, rightly or wrongly, and the new third tier (as far as I can tell 23 games in) is far less confusing. There are two divisions of 20 and the top two from each go up to the Segunda, no play-offs.

22 minutes ago, NoNous said:

It looks like your Deportivo first season has mirrored mine: I topped the first two tables then lost to Barcelona B in the play-offs. I was also clueless and thought it was a bug, but can shed some light having entered season two.

You’ve simultaneously been promoted but remained in the third tier. You join a new division in between the Segunda and the existing Segunda B.

The good news is that the board still recognise the promotion target as having been met, rightly or wrongly, and the new third tier (as far as I can tell 23 games in) is far less confusing. There are two divisions of 20 and the top two from each go up to the Segunda, no play-offs.

So technically they have altered the Divisions and how its set up?

3 minutes ago, Top Tiger said:

So technically they have altered the Divisions and how its set up?

Yes, so the level you start off in with lots of different divisions and a play-off system remains, but it becomes the fourth tier. You’ve still been promoted as only around 40% of the teams from the original third tier join the new third tier. It’s just not a promotion to the Segunda (only the play-off winners get that).

So you’re founding members of the new third tier, which is two divisions of 20 teams who play each other twice. The standard is higher as it’s the best of the old third tier rather than a wider variance in quality but you should still start out as title favourites. And this time the top two go up to the Segunda, so no chance of repeating the nightmare of winning the title and not going up.

Sorry if my attempt to explain it has made it even more confusing. Those first season rules aren’t really explained at all in the game, I’ve just been working it out based on the second season setup.

1 minute ago, NoNous said:

Yes, so the level you start off in with lots of different divisions and a play-off system remains, but it becomes the fourth tier. You’ve still been promoted as only around 40% of the teams from the original third tier join the new third tier. It’s just not a promotion to the Segunda (only the play-off winners get that).

So you’re founding members of the new third tier, which is two divisions of 20 teams who play each other twice. The standard is higher as it’s the best of the old third tier rather than a wider variance in quality but you should still start out as title favourites. And this time the top two go up to the Segunda, so no chance of repeating the nightmare of winning the title and not going up.

Sorry if my attempt to explain it has made it even more confusing. Those first season rules aren’t really explained at all in the game, I’ve just been working it out based on the second season setup.

Nah excellent explanation mate. I feel my squad is far to strong for this League.

Yes, this season is a mess even for us the spaniards, and it is really difficult to understand. Next season, a new division is being created, the Segunda B Pro, which is the third division. You will first play a little league of 11 or 10 teams, and then you will fight for going up to Segunda, for going up to Segunda B Pro or for staying in the Segunda B. Is something similar implemented in the game?

2 hours ago, NoNous said:

Out of interest as I am yet to play this far - does the segunda b remain playable, thus giving you four tiers in Spain?

9 hours ago, saltoalex said:

Yes, this season is a mess even for us the spaniards, and it is really difficult to understand. Next season, a new division is being created, the Segunda B Pro, which is the third division. You will first play a little league of 11 or 10 teams, and then you will fight for going up to Segunda, for going up to Segunda B Pro or for staying in the Segunda B. Is something similar implemented in the game?

Yes, the game splits into 3 stages. Promotion, relegation and the other group which I do not know what it is for because I was not in it! The thing that annoyed me about this setup was that I walked both league stage, winning most matches, and got no reward for it, still having to win 2 playoff games. It is a really unpleasant system. 

12 hours ago, Junkhead said:

Out of interest as I am yet to play this far - does the segunda b remain playable, thus giving you four tiers in Spain?

Thinking back to my current save I believe that's the case, although they are all very confusingly named i.e. Segunda, Segunda B Pro and Segunda B1/B2/B3/B4. A bit like the naming of the English league system, if you remove prior knowledge of the pyramid and had to deduce which of the Premier League, League One and National League are in what order.

hace 5 horas, sporadicsmiles dijo:

Yes, the game splits into 3 stages. Promotion, relegation and the other group which I do not know what it is for because I was not in it! The thing that annoyed me about this setup was that I walked both league stage, winning most matches, and got no reward for it, still having to win 2 playoff games. It is a really unpleasant system. 

Yep it's frustrating. While that has happened to you, other teams may have 0 ponts after 40 games and still stay in the league.

@Top Tiger

About the promotion

5 GROUPS with A and B subgroups ,

top3 from A and B groups consist the promotion stage ( 6 teams) , they play a mini-league and then the top 3 from each GROUP (3 X 5= 15 teams) + the best 4th from all 5 GROUPS = 16 teams  enter the promotion playoffs

first round 16 to 8 teams

2nd round 8 to 4 teams .These 4 teams get promotion .Simple :)