Neymar free

avfc_number1

Urgh what?

So on my game I noticed Neymar in the line up for Liverpool. I was thinking wow they must have broke the bank for him - what a signing...  Nope free transfer In January 2023 for a just turned 31 year old Neymar! Best thing is his wages are 115k p/w lol.  He instantly went to 70m value. Signing of the century.

*possibly a bug :p

image.thumb.png.17246e773b32df9ce18bdedbe40219ef.png

Edited by avfc_number1

2 hours ago, denen123 said:

Not really.

Sort of like the same with Pogba, Hysaj, Ounas and Rui in FM20. Other factors have to be considered. 

Yeah I get what your saying but this one is weird.  His contract won't have expired in January and even if it was expiring in the summer they would surely demand a fee even if it's small.  Nothing adverse has happened to PSG they are still mega rich with same owners. 

He doesn't appear on PSG's transfer history either :

image.thumb.png.0b9e96ec5267c58bc3fd76045fadf9e0.png

But shows up on Liverpool's as a free transfer:

image.thumb.png.e2207c5e43c55758f48f67f86b74ff0e.png

The more I look into this it should probably be in the bug forum.

7 hours ago, Sherkey said:

This happened a lot in the beta saves, was changed for the main release. Although, him not appearing in PSG's transfers list means it could be a bug.

Yeah I am on my beta save still so would explain it.  That was my thinking with the transfer history - he doesn't show up as leaving PSG at all.  I signed Gotze on a free  from PSV and he shows up on their outgoings as a free transfer to me.

might be in the previous season's history, as it may have happened before the season switch date
I've had my June 2021 signings appear in 20/21 season because of this - although seems weird that he'd have history for 22/23 at PSG

and yeah... beta saves meant he wouldn't sign a new contract with PSG, so would always leave on a free (in my holiday he went to Juventus)

On 13/12/2020 at 11:39, avfc_number1 said:

Yeah I am on my beta save still so would explain it.  That was my thinking with the transfer history - he doesn't show up as leaving PSG at all.  I signed Gotze on a free  from PSV and he shows up on their outgoings as a free transfer to me.

He would because it's a direct transfer.

You need to check released players drop down.

I'm kinda with the OP here - this shouldn't happen in January when his contract runs out in June. Unless for some reason he was released by PSG, that way he'd appear on a different tab of the transfer history...

Edited by Geordieboy52

2 hours ago, Geordieboy52 said:

I'm kinda with the OP here - this shouldn't happen in January when his contract runs out in June. Unless for some reason he was released by PSG, that way he'd appear on a different tab of the transfer history...

What has happened is his contract ran out during summer 2022. Because his wage demands was so high, no one came in for him, and as 6 months went by his wage demands kept dropping because he needed a club (the longer a player is without a contract, the lower his demands become). At that point, Liverpool finally came in and snatched him up as an incredible bargain signing.

That'll be it then.

9 minutes ago, Tullekunstner said:

What has happened is his contract ran out during summer 2022. Because his wage demands was so high, no one came in for him, and as 6 months went by his wage demands kept dropping because he needed a club (the longer a player is without a contract, the lower his demands become). At that point, Liverpool finally came in and snatched him up as an incredible bargain signing.

22 hours ago, Tullekunstner said:

Yup!  I signed him for Lyon in like August 2022.  I repeatedly tried to sign him from Jan on (he said he wasn't renewing with PSG) and he always said something along the lines of "not interested - your squad isn't strong enough for me."  Won the league, still wasn't interested because my squad wasn't strong enough.  I guess it got to a point where no one else wanted him so he "settled."