Why is every year’s launch release so buggy?

I’ve been playing FMT on iPad every year it’s been available and in the last few years, there’s been a consistent pattern. When the game is released, it has a myriad of bugs and the game is only stable and reliable months after launch. FMT20 is great now, but it wasn’t for months after launch. Same for FMT19 and so on.

This year when I saw the bugs forum, I was wondering if FMT21 was really that bad, but when I launched the game it only took about 15 minutes to realise that yes it was.

I don’t understand how the game can be released every year in this state. These aren’t edge case issues and they don’t only appear after a hundred hours of gameplay. I know software development is complex, but the same thing happens every year.

It’s a good UI.....it just doesn’t work very well :lol:

I have a weird problem where during a match the brightness of the screen suddenly goes dim (same timing with a highlight starting/finishing-not a tablet issue). The annoying thing is it’s not the iPad Pro’s brightness itself....that can be on full, then this happens, and you have to play in near darkness until it decides to change again. 

You lost me at ‘FMT20 is great now’ - the match engine on FM20 is still terrible. So many bugs were reported that never got fixed. 

The rest of what you say is pretty spot on though. The game is very buggy right now but most things I’ve noticed and reported, should be easy to fix and aside from the youth intake issues (AI teams not getting intakes), most aren’t game breaking. And the match engine this year is a million miles better than last years. I agree that some of these bugs should have been spotted before release; makes me wonder if any of the developers play the game beforehand. Lots of bugs that were obvious within an hour of starting a save. 

I normally wait till after xmas to buy touch on pcbecause the bugs are somewhat removed by them, bout early this year and wow for me its unplayable, you sim a match then afterwards you cant even view the report 🙈 the only way to know what happened it to view highlights...whatsbthenpoint in the sim feature...what cant match reports from you or other fixtures be viewed?

Was reported in bugs forum weeks ago and no reply

• 2 weeks later...

My biggest issue at the moment is the changes in scores of other teams when i am following the scores. I am top of the league with 3 games to go and got to win 2/3 last games to be promoted (Oxford City Vanarama South). Last round, one of my competitors were drawing 1-1 and it was like that going into halftime. Late in the game they went 1-2 up away and I assumed they would have won as it was a late scoreline. Then after a post-match check I noticed they had lost 1-0 which makes no sense when the scoreline was 1-1 at halftime.   This is taking the fun out of the game completely and you guys need to really make an overhaul-update before there will be more complaints. Paying 20 quid for a buggy/close unplayable version is unfair.