Does the technical director every actually sign staff?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what the technical director is supposed to do.  I actually really dislike finding and hiring staff so I've hired the TD and set all the hiring and firing responsibilities to him.  The problem is, he is not signing anyone.  The TD has not worked for me in all my FM21 saves and all FM 20 saves so I know it's not just a bug in one of my games.  

To clarify, every once in a while he'll sign like a youth physio, but if I have 6 available coach slots, he will NEVER fill them.  My staff slots NEVER get filled unless I step in to make some hires.  Is the TD worthless or am I doing something wrong?

Just trying to remember in my save. But I think I was wondering the same after a while.

I think after some time he does sign staff. I get him to renew staff contracts for me as well and he definitely does that. He has not signed any medical staff for the U18's yet but I have found that signing good staff for U23 and U18 can be harder to do (at West Ham anyway) also his stats for what I need him to do are pretty decent so he may want to get the right person first then sign...however long that takes. Which I prefer.

If you check your screen....as routron asked...check the delegation is there and for what you want. It should look like this if he is correctly delegated...

Go to Staff (seventh down on the left below Team Report) > Responsibilities > then scroll down and click on "Staff" it should look like this...

delegatedstaff.png.e1f35ebc039b8f2ea2c779c7129d2a9c.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/12/2020 at 12:11, Wonderkid MC said:

Just trying to remember in my save. But I think I was wondering the same after a while.

I think after some time he does sign staff. I get him to renew staff contracts for me as well and he definitely does that. He has not signed any medical staff for the U18's yet but I have found that signing good staff for U23 and U18 can be harder to do (at West Ham anyway) also his stats for what I need him to do are pretty decent so he may want to get the right person first then sign...however long that takes. Which I prefer.

If you check your screen....as routron asked...check the delegation is there and for what you want. It should look like this if he is correctly delegated...

Go to Staff (seventh down on the left below Team Report) > Responsibilities > then scroll down and click on "Staff" it should look like this...

delegatedstaff.png.e1f35ebc039b8f2ea2c779c7129d2a9c.png

Yes as stated in my original post, i set the responsibilities to the TD.  You could have a TD with 20 in everything and he will still fail to fill out the staff