Building new smaller stadiuim

Hello there,

Can please someone tell me if the board actually approve biulding new but smaller stadium. I play with Napoli and the stadium is old but pretty large - 54 000. when I ask for a new stadium the board response is that we do not have enough increase in the fan base. In reality there are many case like Juventus when the club builds new smaller stadium, but in the game they will build new and bigger stadium only if you fill in the staduim. No chanse for new smaller stadium.

1 hour ago, damjanovski said:

Hello there,

Can please someone tell me if the board actually approve biulding new but smaller stadium. I play with Napoli and the stadium is old but pretty large - 54 000. when I ask for a new stadium the board response is that we do not have enough increase in the fan base. In reality there are many case like Juventus when the club builds new smaller stadium, but in the game they will build new and bigger stadium only if you fill in the staduim. No chanse for new smaller stadium.

Certainly last year in FM20 i had that in hungary where the new stadium was 3000 and the old stadium 6500 so i would imagine it is an option but maybe not if you fill the old one.  i immediately filled the new stadium as that was my average attendance in the old stadium.

1 hour ago, Thebaker said:

Certainly last year in FM20 i had that in hungary where the new stadium was 3000 and the old stadium 6500 so i would imagine it is an option but maybe not if you fill the old one.  i immediately filled the new stadium as that was my average attendance in the old stadium.

Did you asked for a new stadium or the board build it on their own?

I’m Hertha Berlin, and the first season I had the objective of building a new stadium from the board - but again the “increase in attendance” argument was made, I’m averaging 50,000 in a 70,000 seater (and the average has increased over my 3 seasons).

Needed a convince option about reducing capacity to fit demand methinks.

14 hours ago, TheJock83 said:

I’m Hertha Berlin, and the first season I had the objective of building a new stadium from the board - but again the “increase in attendance” argument was made, I’m averaging 50,000 in a 70,000 seater (and the average has increased over my 3 seasons).

So the board set you an objective of building a new stadium and then rejected every time you asked them to do so?

That seems a bit silly.

I mean it's silly that they are even setting this as an objective for you IMO. An objective around increased attendance makes sense, but not one re. Building a new stadium. Particularly since all you can do is ask them and they are just saying no.

I would report in the bugs forum tbh.

• SI Staff
15 hours ago, TheJock83 said:

If you are being asked to do this and is being rejected, please report it as a bug. Thanks.