Karlan Grant

tony wright

I took over my beloved West Brom as I always do when a new version of Football Manager is released. As in real life the team is below average and it is a struggle to survive the first season, but I have got to say this guy is amazing. In my first season he finished top scorer in the Premier league despite my team finishing 16th. He won it again in the second season, propelling my team to 6th place. Then I was a victim of the dreaded corrupt save file and had to start again and blow me if he did not finish top of the charts again. In addition to this when following a You Tube content creator who oversaw West Brom, the same thing happened in his game. Now looking at his stats, they are not exceptionally, so why is he so good

fm21.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/12/2020 at 08:06, Plainlayzee said:

based on yesterday he pace should be about 18 - he was absolutely rapid 

Guys interested to find out your thoughts on the team in general on this year’s game 

I think judging on what I’ve seen this year of him so far his stats are about right. Not a premier forward and hasn’t done anything of note at yet.

• 2 weeks later...

3 seasons in with West Brom and (in the Premier League) he's scored 21 in 38, 15 in 37 (did play a bit more on the wing this season though) and 14 in 34.

He's a solid forward but he has a habit of going missing in games.

• 4 months later...

To be honest, I've found if your tactics are good it's fairly easy to get limited strikers to bang in the goals. I've got Janni Serra at Kiel, who isn't without ability but has 12 for finishing and 10 for technique and acceleration. He was the Bundesliga 2 top goalscorer first season, then second top in the Bundesliga (behind an absolutely ridiculous Haaland) second season and top third season (Haaland has left thankfully). 

I've found this is pretty common in most of my games really. What annoys me is when I can't find a buyer for my top scorer when I want to upgrade. AI sides don't base their purchases on performances. 

• 2 months later...

Love him, great striker for any sub top six team in the prem - consistent for me over many saves for 4-6 seasons - easy 20 a year man, best was 41 on a Newcastle save. if you dont get him in the first window expect to pay 30/40m. Plays AF  very good on his own or great as part a front 2 him being AF with either a DLF or TM on attack. Amazing partner with C Wilson at Newcastle, Grant as AF, Wilson as TM (a)