Transfer Fees

Sorry, I could not find another thread on this topic.

Is anyone else having real difficulty understanding transfer fees in this game? Sometimes I see a player playing in leagues below or abroad in a low reputations league, worth, for example, £200k. I carefully put together a package which will see, say, guarantee £2m and adds ons up to £10m, and the small club will immeditaly demand £30m. 

Or, trying to sign League One players offering £5m up front and these clubs wanting £33m (yes, for a right back). In which world would a third tier club ask for that much money? I know it is a way of saying a player is not for sale but some more realism is needed when PL clubs try to sign lower league players. I even have lower league Scottish teams wanting £15m plus for a player. When has that ever happened?

Apologies if I have missed a thread for this. I cannot attach photos as posting from a different machine to the one I play on. 

Best way to see what a player would likely go for (if the club is interested in selling) is to scout them. The scout will come back with estimated transfer and wage demands and you can the make a decision on whether the player is worth it or not.

4 minutes ago, FM Addick said:

I understand that - my point is about realism. 

You've answered yourself on that.

Clubs who aren't looking to sell will give you silly 'demands' to put you off. That's all it is. They're not seriously expecting you to pay that much. That's why I suggested scouting the player. If the club isn't looking to sell, your scout report will indicate that and so if you see a silly figure, you know why.  :thup: