Art Imitating Life in FM 21

Firstly, had no idea this was a thing that could happen in-game.

Secondly, well done SI, the fact this happened with this specific player speaks volumes about the depth of game design.

Lastly, kind of wish this would pop up more often, if only for the sake of entertainment.

Pogba1.png

Pogba2.png

I would love more varied player behaviour. Players going out &getting into trouble or fights in tunnels.i have never seen a player sent off for a violent act or reaction.like pepe the other day for arsenal with a head butt.

5 minutes ago, Weasek said:

I would love more varied player behaviour. Players going out &getting into trouble or fights in tunnels.i have never seen a player sent off for a violent act or reaction.like pepe the other day for arsenal with a head butt.

Some of that sort of stuff can happen to newgens, they just tend to not allow it to happen to real life players in case it causes any relations problems with those players/teams.

6 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Some of that sort of stuff can happen to newgens, they just tend to not allow it to happen to real life players in case it causes any relations problems with those players/teams.

Oh thank you a shame but suppose that makes sense.thank you for info 

3 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

That's why playing with fake players is paradoxically more realistic

6 hours ago, Weasek said:

Fm18 I bought a 17 year old Colombian Regen for peanuts. Like 60k for my team which at the time was challenging for a European place. 

Due to injuries he gets into the side at the beginning of the next season and scores something insane like 47 goals in a season as we sweep all before us and is duly given a new contract after being the European Golden shoe or whatever its called.

Then the news items start popping up "X has been seen leaving a nightclub late at night"!

The next season he got maybe 25 or 30 goals. A lot just not as spectacular an amount.

Then he started missing training. 

He missed trying about 17 times in 1 month at one point. Scores 8 goals that season and is on the bench in the main. I transfer list him, nobody wants him. Man Utd take him on loan, he plays a dozen games never scores never plays another game again as I release him and nobody ever signs him.

Hes probably one of my most favorite FM signings I've ever made.

7 hours ago, kiwityke said:

Fm18 I bought a 17 year old Colombian Regen for peanuts. Like 60k for my team which at the time was challenging for a European place. 

Due to injuries he gets into the side at the beginning of the next season and scores something insane like 47 goals in a season as we sweep all before us and is duly given a new contract after being the European Golden shoe or whatever its called.

Then the news items start popping up "X has been seen leaving a nightclub late at night"!

The next season he got maybe 25 or 30 goals. A lot just not as spectacular an amount.

Then he started missing training. 

He missed trying about 17 times in 1 month at one point. Scores 8 goals that season and is on the bench in the main. I transfer list him, nobody wants him. Man Utd take him on loan, he plays a dozen games never scores never plays another game again as I release him and nobody ever signs him.

Hes probably one of my most favorite FM signings I've ever made.

I love that story and hope I come across a maverick like this one day 

14 часов назад, Weasek сказал:

When I moved from Feyenoord for Spurs in 2026 (or later) in FM20, I have a newgen LB which had a troubles with alcohol. After second time (+3 times before I joined for club - it wrote in message) I tried to sell him.
After this decision he never had the same issue for next 3 seasons before I left club. 

I guess this is more events for newgens because IRL players could have negative reaction if their prototypes in FM will be drunk or fight :D 

Also I wanted to buy a wonderking striker which doubted about me. I visited his games ~12 times and scouts watched him a full season. At some point he started to be interest for transfer and inbox message has additional info that he was flattered by my attention