FM09 Tactics - 4-4-2 seems the best?

I have been trying to develop my tactic for FM09 with Leeds and yet I hate a 4-4-2 standard formation.

I'd much prefer a true DM holding midfield player behind my midfield and I have managed to get good success in FM07 & FM08.

FM09 is killing me because I have tried in vain to get some sort of good DM system going but it doesn't really work.

I see all the gamers here who are posting tactics all use a standard 4-4-2.

I downloaded the tactics from the Oxford thread and my results are astonisingly good but again I'd prefer a diamond formation or at least a true DM role.

Has anyone got good success without using the 4-4-2 in FM09?

Not yet as my 442 tactics are now at 107pts. However, I will be trying a DM with current 442 tactics and still hope to develop the original 4321 Oxford tactic, and perhaps diamond to perform at same level.

mate im having the same problem with my teams i started off with newcastle and tried my old tactics that i used for fm 08 including "kimz no tweak " and they got me fired after finishing just above relagation with a fairly good team. i then joined cardiff and took them of the bottom but still only managed 15th in the championship. my thrd season i realy sat down and had a look at the players and checked out the tactical theorams thread and it has realy helped. so my advice is to check out the tactical theorams thread. its not something that i would usualy do as im a pick up and play player. but using the thread has added more dimension to the game for me and more knowledge of how to employ tactics

I've found 4-4-2 difficult to get to work in this game. Playing Rangers and using 4-1-2-2-1 i.e.

GK

DR

DL

DC

DC

DMC

MC

MC

AMR

AML

ST

4-4-2 worked a treat with me at glasgow rangers and donminated everything. went to spurs and the same tatic I got pumped. So back to the drawing board tonight lol

Archived