No search results/Team selection only shows starting xi and bench/in-game mouse sticky

leateatea

Team Managed: Liverpool
Leagues Loaded: England - Top 3 Leagues, Spain - Top 2 Leagues, Italy - Top 2 Leagues
In-Game Date: Any date
Steps to reproduce the issue if known: Searching for any players or clubs/In team selection before a game, can't see rest of squad or reserves to pick from/In-game mouse doesn't feel smooth, it's a little bit sticky
Whether the game is installed on internal storage or an SD card: SD

I've tried searching for well-known players and clubs with different spellings but nothing shows up. It works once when I load up the game and then stops working

When I'm in team selection, I can swap my players around from my bench and starting xi but I can't see 'All Players' to pick my reserves or take out injured players off my bench. Might be the same in Tactics but not checked

I'm using the in-game mouse to navigate but it's not fluid when moving it across the screen. Gets stuck sometimes and I have to nudge it on the buttons or in the direction I want

Edited by leateatea

• SI Staff

Hi @leateatea, thanks for raising all of these. Here's some information on your three points:

1. This is something that is under review within the studio at the moment. A current solution to this is to use the mouse cursor to select the "magnifying glass", which will bring up the full search menu rather than the predictive one.

2. We don't have the filter system available on the Tactics menu unfortunately, so there's no way to scan the reserves within that screen.

3. The cursor is something we're looking at tweaking, largely because it's not very fluid as you said. We haven't noticed anything about it getting stuck though. Is it getting stuck for long, or is it more to do with it just not being very fluid?

@Alistair Skewes Thanks for the reply.

1. Great to know and thanks for the workaround! Although not sure I'm able to bring up free agents with this solution? It just shows countries and clubs meaning I have to filter through those and view their squad to find a particular player.

2. How can I swap my team selection around with players not in starting xi or bench? This seems like a less positive change from the FM20 version as my workaround is having to go into the Squad tab and swap players there. This is especially the case for the Team Selection tab before a match. For example, it has two options 'All Matches' and 'Next Match Only' if you're making changes but there's no point doing 'Next Match Only' as I would have to back out of this menu, go into my Squad tab on the left and swap around my reserves with bench to see them and that would be changing the squad for all matches not 'Next Match Only'. Hopefully that makes sense. It worked really well in the last version on Switch so hopefully it could be implemented into this one.

3. I think just not fluid. Last year's version was great. Seems like this year the mouse starts off slow then speeds up as you move it across the screen meaning when I try to stop on a button I normally miss it which is probably what I mean by stuck.

Edited by leateatea

• SI Staff
19 hours ago, leateatea said:

How can I swap my team selection around with players not in starting xi or bench?

I see what you mean now @leateatea, on the Tactics section you can use the cursor to select next to the player's name, or use the Y button to bring up a list of replacement players that will be on the subs bench, or outside of the 11 and subs - let me know if that's what you're after here.

image.png.36827e622c3ff373b6020a32eaa47804.png

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, Wilfried said:

Bonjour j'ai le même problème pour la recherche de joueur ou de club. Première recherche OK mais la suivante ko... Barre de recherche vide en utilisant toujours la loupe... La flèche de navigation une lenteur 😱

Bonjour @Wilfried, j'ai écrit ci-dessus que vous devriez utiliser la loupe à côté de la barre de recherche pour afficher la liste complète. Faites-moi savoir si cela fonctionne pour vous.

• 4 weeks later...
On 18/12/2020 at 11:56, Alistair Skewes said:

I see what you mean now @leateatea, on the Tactics section you can use the cursor to select next to the player's name, or use the Y button to bring up a list of replacement players that will be on the subs bench, or outside of the 11 and subs - let me know if that's what you're after here.

This is a problem I am having. When I am pushing y now no players come up, apart from 1 new signing.  Is there a fix? 

Edited by Niro89

• 4 weeks later...
On 18/12/2020 at 11:56, Alistair Skewes said:

Is this intended? This is much more awkward to use than last year. 

I could be getting confused between PC versions, but last year did we also not have the option here to pick a rotated squad on this screen?

I personally primarily use the drag and drop feature, but only showing my starting 11 and bench is really awkward, especially replacing injured players or suspensions. It would be nice to be able to see our full squad on this screen, without having to check each position individually.