4-3-3 tactic with wingers

I was wondering if anybody had any success with a 4-3-3 tactic with 2 wingers and a lone striker as target man. Is there a way around the "our forwards are outnumbered by the opponents defence" in the assistants feedback??

If not does this actually matter?? I mean in reality many of the teams play like that and with a lot of success. If anybody used this tactic with success and creating lots of chances and goals could you give me some feedback regarding the tweaking of your tactics...like free roles mentality...forward runs etc.

Thanks

iv got the 433 tactic, went 2nd season as chelsea unbeaten. But drew way too many games and didnt win the league. when i work out how to upload it i'll put it on here. i thinks it's 80% there, its mainly the lone striker who is not getting the ratings he should, cm don't get great ratings either. tactic soon...

iv got the 433 tactic, went 2nd season as chelsea unbeaten. But drew way too many games and didnt win the league. when i work out how to upload it i'll put it on here. i thinks it's 80% there, its mainly the lone striker who is not getting the ratings he should, cm don't get great ratings either. tactic soon...

Thanks Dean, looking for it.

"our forwards are outnumbered by the opponents defence"

As far as I can tell it pretty much says this once you have one up front. With one up front it will always be true in transition and there is nothing to be done about it, but when attacking you can easily have multiple bodies advancing. For example look at this screenshot

433relativepositioningzs3.jpg

I can set up a 442 that looks pretty similar when attacking in terms of attacking players pushing the opposition defensive line but not get that 'outnumbered' message.

here is my hughly succesful 08 tactic. and one in which i went my second season unbeaten in in 09. however it does need tweaking, more so in the striker department as im drawing to many games mostly 0-0. although i will add that it is feckin annoying that just because u go 1-0 or 2-0 up does NOT mean the other team HAVE to score!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P5QOX2D9

Archived