Laptop Fan issues

d d

Hi 

Since the new update, my laptop is going more crazy. I have always had these problems on FM21, but since this update on Thursday, its going more crazy. My laptop is only three years old, and the fan is more less on constantly on. It was fine on FM20, and still is because i just recently tried it. Soon as i load up FM21, there goes the fan again in loud mode. If the fan had issues why is it quiet on FM20, not sure what to do.

Has anyone else experience these problems?

Thank You.

Plus the fan was not that loud until the update. i recently tried 20 and it was quiet. The only time it gets very loud is on FM21 after the update. I have always had issues with fan on FM21,but since the update it got louder.

I had similar problem on 20,i reported it, they did an update and its always been quiet.

The latest update seems to have improved the ME graphics and wanting more power. Maybe try turning the graphics down 1 and see how it goes?

My machine has gone from cold to warm since the update and that’s also with turning down the settings.

So either the update is less efficient or the update needs more power. Could be a mix of both.

• 1 year later...

I have a brand new laptop, only has two things installed on it, one of then being fm22. 

Since that update the fan kicks in really loud while playing a match. Even with the setting on as low as they can be. 

The laptop is custom built and very good, so should be able to play this game without any issues. 

I would recommend to throttle CPU usage: Search for the Power Options (see next screen, do not use values shown there!) choose "Balanced" plan and set "Minimum processor state" to 5% for battery and plugged in. For "Maximum processor state" I would recommend to use 95% for battery (or 90% if you want some extra battery and even lower temperature) and 98% plugged in (or 95% if still laptop is running wild).

For me, that stopped the fans from going crazy in FM and also in other games. Temperature will go down, fan speed will be lower overall and also battery consumption will be lower. And the best: Your components will last even longer because they are not working on limit. The performance cut is not that hard. Normally you should not notice any performance problems at all.

Xyziddh.png

Edited by Darth Sonic

And if you really want to get into "throttling" see this article: https://www.ultrabookreview.com/31385-the-throttlestop-guide/

But that need some technical understanding of what you are doing. I used throttle stop for years to throttle my Razer Blade and it worked perfectly for me, but it took some time to find the perfect settings.