Players randomly training in new positions?

I am receiving progress reports on my players that say they are "awkward in [their] new position." But I'm not training them in new positions. 

For example, below, Albie Morgan is set to train as an Advanced Playmaker, yet seems to be actually training as a left-back? (See red dot on position page).

522139048_FootballManager202112_20_20202_07_37PM.thumb.png.9716516698f79c5c56be58c73faeaffd.png

856472474_Screenshot12_20_20202_07_22PM.thumb.png.61997973dab08660c3a1ae207307c90b.png

Same for Alfie Doughty, who is training as a Wing Back, but why does he now have a red dot as a striker, and progress report says he's awkward in his new position?

469917950_FootballManager202112_19_20205_06_09PM.thumb.png.ab393c71ab694a8e45790aa0a6b65e4e.png

• ScottParker changed the title to Players randomly training in new positions?

Any update on this? I'm trying to train a young b2b midfielder to be a decent backup for both RWB and MC, but this bug completely ruins his development due to him getting trained for CB and LB. For people who love the player development part of this game, this bug is pretty much game-breaking.

626488114_JacopoGianelli_Profile.png.df7ac7d4a5cacb4220a64817f61fa383.png

16 hours ago, outofroutine said:

Are you guys sure this is not about the staff responsibilities settings - eg. your assistant manager might be responsible for setting up individual trainings? (If not, obviously a serious gameplay bug)

No I'm set to manage individual training across every squad except the U18s. Even if I wasn't, it would still be a pretty bad bug if the AM was training these players in these positions.

On 29/12/2020 at 06:21, ScottParker said:

No I'm set to manage individual training across every squad except the U18s. Even if I wasn't, it would still be a pretty bad bug if the AM was training these players in these positions.

I've tried the same with no result. 100% bug. Also noticed a few AI players being trained in weird positions, just saw a CB being trained as a left winger (with no stats at to make him suited to a LW role).

10 hours ago, Ivalice said:

If a player played a different role/position whether it is a full game or sub in for a few games, you will get a very small red dot there.

BTW, training random position to 2/20 or 5/20 won't effect your potentials.

But this is not the case here, If you look at my Gianelli example he has never been played as LB or CB (and yes, I checked his positions for the U20 team as well), yet my coaches started training him there. This is just a bug, and quite a major one as well. Just noticed another CB being trained as a winger by the AI, this time on the right wing...  This needs to be fixed.

On 29/12/2020 at 00:21, ScottParker said:

It's why we call him the AssMan lol

On 29/12/2020 at 00:21, ScottParker said:

Do you also set the Position/Role/Duty training to a specific position? Because here's what I see that could potentially be happening:

In the Youth Teams, particularly if you let the U18s Head Coach/AssMan select the players for the U18s match, they may use players out of position, and if your Position/Role/Duty isn't specifically selected, it may be training that player in that new position they're playing for.

I never have this problem at least for my best prospects because I take over their training in some way and make sure to train them in a specific position.

Edited by ragingasian15

19 hours ago, ragingasian15 said:

Do you also set the Position/Role/Duty training to a specific position? Because here's what I see that could potentially be happening:

In the Youth Teams, particularly if you let the U18s Head Coach/AssMan select the players for the U18s match, they may use players out of position, and if your Position/Role/Duty isn't specifically selected, it may be training that player in that new position they're playing for.

I never have this problem at least for my best prospects because I take over their training in some way and make sure to train them in a specific position.

Yes I set them to specific positions. 

This can't be a user problem when guys who don't even play for me look like this. (And I'm talking half the players in the game).

1099024117_FootballManager20211_10_20212_34_20AM.thumb.png.f667dd786f2f3c5a5952e307b89a5dd9.png

Svidersky I just signed, look at him.

1726545635_FootballManager20211_8_20219_10_05PM.thumb.png.b2b6d4c87bffaab5b81cf1055318eb82.png

It's gamebreaking and I would love a reply from SI on this.

Edited by ScottParker

• SI Staff

If you have a save game from just before one of your players appears to be getting re-trained in a position  you have not set then would you be able to upload your save game to our cloud service. 

Details on how to upload can be found via the link below.