[FM21] The Premier League Thread

stevemc

Screenshot-2020-12-20-at-08-18-28.png

Welcome to the FM21 Premier League thread

I've set up a number of club threads over the years, but they seem to get less and less traction, so thought it made sense to create a Premier League thread, so you can update your progress whichever your team, no matter what year or stage you are at in your FM21 save. Share your updates, signings, staff etc.

There is a good mix of challenges among the 20 teams, Burnley, Fulham, Sheffield United and WBA immediately jump out as challenges to fight off relegation. Higher up the table, can you restore Arsenal back to the glory days starting with a measly £4.5m transfer budget? How about starting as Aston Villa and building your team around Jack Grealish?

Below is a brief summary of each club at the start of FM21 which might off you some inspiration to start a save in possibly the best league in the world... 

prem-write-up-1.jpg

prem-write-up-2.jpg

prem-write-up-3.jpg

prem-write-up-4.jpg

Edited by stevemc

So who is everyone managing then?

I’ve just started a new career with Crystal Palace after the new patch was released, I will almost certainly use them as a stepping stone to move around (probably into Europe) but they’ll get me going, I don’t know why I chose Palace, I have no affiliation to them but wanted a club that isn’t set up for success instantly, I like the look of Zaha, Eze and Mitchell but as their squad is quite old, it’s a good club to rebuild and impress your own stamp on. £22m isn’t a bad starting budget either.

I’ll post an update later...

Edited by stevemc

4 minutes ago, stevemc said:

So who is everyone managing then?

I’ve just started a new career with Crystal Palace after the new patch was released, ill probably use them as a stepping stone to move around but they’ll get me going, I don’t know why I chose Palace, I have no affiliation to them but wanted a club that isn’t set up for success instantly, I like the look of Zaha, Eze and Mitchell but as their squad is quite old, it’s a good club to rebuild and out your own stamp on. £22m isn’t a bad starting budget either.

I’ll post an update later...

Crystal Palace is a save I fancy doing at some point and they have history of producing good young players over the years. I look forward to seeing how you do with them.

7 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Crystal Palace is a save I fancy doing at some point and they have history of producing good young players over the years. I look forward to seeing how you do with them.

I started a Newcastle United save a week before the new patch, managed to finish 4th (massive overachiever) but now the new patch is out I wanted to start a new save with a club that can allow me to begin a journeyman kind of career and thought Palace was ideal.

I’ve done a lot of work in the first transfer window and completely ripped apart their squad, offloading most of their older players replacing them with younger players, so much so my media prediction has dropped to 18th, but I’m quietly confident...

Edited by stevemc

Just now, stevemc said:

I did a Newcastle United start a week before the new patch, managed to finish 4th but now the new patch is out I wanted to start a new save with a club that can allow me to begin a journeyman kind of career and thought Palace was ideal.

I’ve done a lot of work in the first transfer window and completely ripped apart their squad, offloading most of their older players replacing them with younger players, so much so my media prediction has dropped to 18th, but I’m quietly confident...

What are your transfers in and out then buddy ?

Also sign Matias Arezo if you can. He is awesome.

Just now, Ronaldo Beckham said:

What are your transfers in and out then buddy ?

Also sign Matias Arezo if you can. He is awesome.

I’m not on my computer at the moment but I’ll post them later, off the top of my head I managed to sign K. Ajer at centre-back - who was brilliant in my Newcastle save, you can sign him for around £14m at the start and he can play CB and DM, I’ve brought in a lot of younger players too like Almada, Armini, Ugarte, Bjorkan.

I’ve done a deal for Arezo too but not sure if that gets cancelled due to brexit in January?

Just now, stevemc said:

I’m not on my computer at the moment but I’ll post them later, off the top of my head I managed to sign K. Ajer at centre-back - who was brilliant in my Newcastle save, you can sign him for around £14m at the start and he can play CB and DM, I’ve brought in a lot of younger players too like Almada, Armini, Ugarte, Bjorkan.

I’ve done a deal for Arezo too but not sure if that gets cancelled due to brexit in January?

Yeah Arezo usually joins in January or the next season.

If I was starting an EPL save, it would be a toss up of Brighton, Burnley, Newcastle or Sheff Utd, I think. 

Brighton have a strong defence and need some improvement in attacking areas, but have some good young players.

Burnley or Sheff Utd have a strong British spine and should help with any Brexit restrictions. I'd want to keep that going.

Managing a Mike Ashley club should be interesting and the whole Newcastle squad has interest from the outset so you can make changes quickly.

Newcastle probably seems the club you can do more with quickly. So it might be one of the other three.

I'll post my Crystal Palace update tomorrow at some point, just getting to the end of the transfer window so makes sense for that to close so I can share all the business I've done.

Edited by stevemc

Crystal Palace: 2020/21 (Season 1)

Right, here we go...

First thing I always do on a new save is get my staff in order, so you'll see a list below of the changes I've made. I missed out on Paul McGuinness who went to Southampton, so ended up with Adi Viveash as my assistant manager. Also sacked the Head of Youth Development, bringing in Bryan Klug from Ipswich. But our staffing is much stronger now than when I came in, giving us a good base to build and train from.

main.png

u23.png

u18.png

In terms of the playing staff, I've ripped it apart. I've shipped out; Maximilian Meyer (£6m),  Joel Ward (£5m), Vicente Guaita (£10.25m), James McArthur (£6.75m), Cheikhou Kouyaté (£10.5m), Martin Kelly (£3.5m), Jeffrey Schlupp (£11m), Wayne Hennessey (Free) and Andros Townsend (£7.5). There are a few days left in the window and I'm also looking to sell Scott Dann, James Tomkins, Connor Wickham and Christian Benteke. A lot of these are either on the wrong side of 30, earning high wages or just don't suit the way I want to play.

Replacing all of the above are; Mathias Fjørtoft Løvik (£3.6K, but he's immediately gone out on loan), Thiago Almada (£7.75m), Andrea Papetti (£1.9m), Nicolò Armini (£4.1m), Max Normann Williamsen (£1.7m, but he's immediately gone out on loan), Ivan Saranic (£2.4m, but he's immediately gone out on loan), Dominik Livakovic (£9m), Silvan Widmer (£10m), Fredrik André Bjørkan (£3.2m), Manuel Ugarte (£1.8m), Kristoffer Ajer (£14m), Viktor Fischer (£2.3m), Victor Tsygankov (£18m) and Nikola Vlasic (£18m).

I threw a big contract and first-team status at Andrea Papetti which worked as he turned down Arsenal to sign for me. Dominik Livakovic comes in to replace Vicente Guaita as number one goalkeeper as he wouldn't sign a new contract. I'm most excited by Victor Tsygankov and Nikola Vlasic who will take some of the creative responsibility from Wilf Zaha. Overall we spent £111m, but recouped £61m.

We also have Matías Arezo joining in January, subject to a work permit.

Screenshot-2020-12-21-at-10-55-03.png

We've made a good start to the season, two wins from two, and through in the Carabao Cup, however we have back-to-back games next against Liverpool.

Screenshot-2020-12-21-at-10-56-01.png

This puts my squad here:

GK: Dominik Livakovic, Jack Butland(HGN), Stephen Henderson(HGN)

RB: Silvan Widmer, Nathaniel Clyne(HGN), Nathan Ferguson(HGN)

LB: Patrick van Aanholt(HGN), Tyrick Mitchell(HGN)

CB: Kristoffer Ajer, Andrea Papetti, Mamadou Sakho, Nicolò Armini, Gary Cahill(HGN)

DM: Luka Milivojevic, Jairo Riedewald

LM: Victor Tsygankov, Fredrik André Bjørkan

RM: Wilfried Zaha(HGN), Thiago Almada

CM: Ebere Eze(HGN), Nikola Vlasic, Manuel Ugarte, James McCarthy

ST: Michy Batshuayi(LOAN), Jordan Ayew, Viktor Fischer

My main formation is a solid 4-1-4-1 looking to soak up pressure and hit on the counter with pace, also have a 4-1-3-2 attacking option if I need to really chase a goal.

Aiming for mid-table, possibly sneaking into Europa League this season. Next summer I'll be investing in the best striker I can sign.

Edited by stevemc

23 minutes ago, stevemc said:

Crystal Palace: 2020/21 (Season 1)

Right, here we go...

First thing I always do on a new save is get my staff in order, so you'll see a list below of the changes I've made. I missed out on Paul McGuinness who went to Southampton, so ended up with Adi Viveash as my assistant manager. Also sacked the Head of Youth Development, bringing in Bryan Klug from Ipswich. But our staffing is much stronger now than when I came in, giving us a good base to build and train from.

main.png

u23.png

u18.png

In terms of the playing staff, I've ripped it apart. I've shipped out; Maximilian Meyer (£6m),  Joel Ward (£5m), Vicente Guaita (£10.25m), James McArthur (£6.75m), Cheikhou Kouyaté (£10.5m), Martin Kelly (£3.5m), Jeffrey Schlupp (£11m), Wayne Hennessey (Free) and Andros Townsend (£7.5). There are a few days left in the window and I'm also looking to sell Scott Dann, James Tomkins, Connor Wickham and Christian Benteke. A lot of these are either on the wrong side of 30, earning high wages or just don't suit the way I want to play.

Replacing all of the above are; Mathias Fjørtoft Løvik (£3.6K, but he's immediately gone out on loan), Thiago Almada (£7.75m), Andrea Papetti (£1.9m), Nicolò Armini (£4.1m), Max Normann Williamsen (£1.7m, but he's immediately gone out on loan), Ivan Saranic (£2.4m, but he's immediately gone out on loan), Dominik Livakovic (£9m), Silvan Widmer (£10m), Fredrik André Bjørkan (£3.2m), Manuel Ugarte (£1.8m), Kristoffer Ajer (£14m), Viktor Fischer (£2.3m), Victor Tsygankov (£18m) and Nikola Vlasic (£18m).

I threw a big contract and first-team status at Andrea Papetti which worked as he turned down Arsenal to sign for me. Dominik Livakovic comes in to replace Vicente Guaita as number one goalkeeper as he wouldn't sign a new contract. I'm most excited by Victor Tsygankov and Nikola Vlasic who will take some of the creative responsibility from Wilf Zaha. Overall we spent £111m, but recouped £61m.

We also have Matías Arezo joining in January, subject to a work permit.

Screenshot-2020-12-21-at-10-55-03.png

We've made a good start to the season, two wins from two, and through in the Carabao Cup, however we have back-to-back games next against Liverpool.

Screenshot-2020-12-21-at-10-56-01.png

This puts my squad here:

My main formation is a solid 4-1-4-1 looking to soak up pressure and hit on the counter with pace, also have a 4-1-3-2 attacking option if I need to really chase a goal.

Aiming for mid-table, possibly sneaking into Europa League this season. Next summer I'll be investing in the best striker I can sign.

A nice squad you have there at Palace.

Any decent youth prospects coming through your youth team ?

29 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

A nice squad you have there at Palace.

Any decent youth prospects coming through your youth team ?

Yeah there is a couple, Mitchell is probably the best, plus there is two in the u-18s but I can’t remember their names.

• 2 weeks later...

Crystal Palace: 2020/21 (Season 1 - End)

What a first season, didn't start off very well, I chopped and changed my tactics a bit from Sept-Nov but once I was settled the stability began to come through. I quickly realised we missed a cutting edge up front as we were solid, creating chances but struggling to put them away. So in January I went all out for Odsonne Edouard from Celtic for just short of £20m, he has all the stats I was looking for in a lone striker for my formation, and it worked perfectly for us.

PREMIER LEAGUE:

We was hovering around 10th-8th until we hit an insane run of form from January, ended up in the dizzy heights of 5th. The 5-1 defeat by Liverpool appeared to be the turning point for us with a 19 game unbeaten run following...

run.png

pl-table.png

form.png

CARABAO CUP:

Amazingly we managed to pick up the Carabao Cup, I rested a number of players in the early rounds but as soon as we put out Liverpool on penalties, I knew we could win it. We dominated the final, with Odsonne Edouard coming up big when needed...

efl-cup-1.png

efl-cup-2.png

FA CUP:

We completed the domestic cup double with a final win over Arsenal, after playing every game away from home en-route. The final was a non-event, Arsenal couldn't handle us at set-pieces, we scored 6 from 7 shots on target but we created really easy chances. Unbelievable win. Odsonne Edouard unplayable in that form.

facup1.png

facup2.png

fa-cup-run.png

REVIEW:

Obviously a brilliant season for Palace, qualified for the Europa League much earlier than expected plus a 5th position finish, the challenge now is where do we realistically go from here?

over-achieve.png

Screenshot-2021-01-02-at-21-53-54.png

r2.png

We have a £49m transfer kitty, so improvement is needed defensively, we tightened up towards the end of the season but we need better cover at left-back and right-back, also Wilfried Zaha needs cover and we need another striker as back-up for Odsonne Edouard.

I'm currently working on deals for right-winger Marcus Edwards and striker Alfredo Morelos (to replace Jordan Ayew and Michy Batshuayi) and have also got Sergio Gómez arriving on a free to add cover in attacking midfield plus Matías Arezo's work permit has just been accepted. Jairo Riedewald also looks like he's leaving.

I would be open to letting Wilfried Zaha leave if the offer was substantial enough.

season-stats.png

Only deal I have done is to bring in club legend Steve Coppell as Director of Football to replace Dougie Freedman.

coppell.png

Here is the squad that ended the season:

GK: Dominik Livakovic, Jack Butland(HGN), Stephen Henderson(HGN)

RB: Silvan Widmer, Nicolò Armini

LB: Patrick van Aanholt(HGN), Tyrick Mitchell(HGN)

CB: Kristoffer Ajer, Andrea Papetti, Mamadou Sakho

DM: Luka Milivojevic, Jairo Riedewald, Manuel Ugarte, James McCarthy

LM: Victor Tsygankov, Fredrik André Bjørkan

RM: Wilfried Zaha(HGN), Thiago Almada

AM: Ebere Eze(HGN), Nikola Vlasic, Viktor Fischer, Fionn Mooney(HGN)

ST: Odsonne Edouard, Michy Batshuayi(LOAN), Jordan Ayew

Edited by stevemc

I'm gonna go with a West Ham save this year... 

No idea who to sign, but I want The Hammers back in Europe, even if it's the EC2.

Btw, stevemc, what's the skin?

Edited by Gungner

9 hours ago, Gungner said:

No idea who to sign, but I want The Hammers back in Europe, even if it's the EC2.

It's just the base skin with a few adjustments and backgrounds: http://www.mediafire.com/file/qj7ebhz2eu067k4/base21_dark20_tr.zip/file

FM21 Backgrounds: Stadium Pack

FM21 Backgrounds: Competitions Pack

FM21 Backgrounds: Nations Pack

FM21 Backgrounds: Continents Pack

FM21 Backgrounds: Media Sources Pack

22 hours ago, Gungner said:

I've started the same save, will update at the end of the first transfer window but im looking to do a fair bit of buying and selling. The squad is far to old.

On 03/01/2021 at 09:50, stevemc said:

Crystal Palace: 2020/21 (Season 1 - End)

What a first season, didn't start off very well, I chopped and changed my tactics a bit from Sept-Nov but once I was settled the stability began to come through. I quickly realised we missed a cutting edge up front as we were solid, creating chances but struggling to put them away. So in January I went all out for Odsonne Edouard from Celtic for just short of £20m, he has all the stats I was looking for in a lone striker for my formation, and it worked perfectly for us.

PREMIER LEAGUE:

We was hovering around 10th-8th until we hit an insane run of form from January, ended up in the dizzy heights of 5th. The 5-1 defeat by Liverpool appeared to be the turning point for us with a 19 game unbeaten run following...

run.png

pl-table.png

form.png

CARABAO CUP:

Amazingly we managed to pick up the Carabao Cup, I rested a number of players in the early rounds but as soon as we put out Liverpool on penalties, I knew we could win it. We dominated the final, with Odsonne Edouard coming up big when needed...

efl-cup-1.png

efl-cup-2.png

FA CUP:

We completed the domestic cup double with a final win over Arsenal, after playing every game away from home en-route. The final was a non-event, Arsenal couldn't handle us at set-pieces, we scored 6 from 7 shots on target but we created really easy chances. Unbelievable win. Odsonne Edouard unplayable in that form.

facup1.png

facup2.png

fa-cup-run.png

REVIEW:

Obviously a brilliant season for Palace, qualified for the Europa League much earlier than expected plus a 5th position finish, the challenge now is where do we realistically go from here?

over-achieve.png

Screenshot-2021-01-02-at-21-53-54.png

r2.png

We have a £49m transfer kitty, so improvement is needed defensively, we tightened up towards the end of the season but we need better cover at left-back and right-back, also Wilfried Zaha needs cover and we need another striker as back-up for Odsonne Edouard.

I'm currently working on deals for right-winger Marcus Edwards and striker Alfredo Morelos (to replace Jordan Ayew and Michy Batshuayi) and have also got Sergio Gómez arriving on a free to add cover in attacking midfield plus Matías Arezo's work permit has just been accepted. Jairo Riedewald also looks like he's leaving.

I would be open to letting Wilfried Zaha leave if the offer was substantial enough.

season-stats.png

Only deal I have done is to bring in club legend Steve Coppell as Director of Football to replace Dougie Freedman.

coppell.png

Looking forward to seeing your transfers heading in to season 2... And reading about your European adventure.

Crystal Palace: 2021/22 (Season 2 - Start)

Ended up having a really solid transfer window, moved fast to pick up Alfredo Morelos for £20m, 4. Chris Mepham for £17m, Freddie Woodman for £1.5m from relegated Newcastle United, Riccardo Orsolini for £12.5m and Chris Mepham for £25m whilst Sergio Gómez and Nico Williams joined on a free. Amazingly, Sandro Tonali became available for £15m and with us needing a quality left-back, I went for Álex Grimaldo after missing out on Lucas Digne to Inter. Later in the window I added James Maddison for £32m and Lee Kang-In for his £12.75m release taking our window to a much busier place than I initially expected.

I moved on a number of players from the club including; Patrick van Aanholt,  Jordan Ayew, Mamadou Sakho, Luka Milivojevic, Jairo Riedewald, James Tomkins, James McCarthy, Jack Butland and Nathan Ferguson. I had a falling out with Viktor Fischer so he's on the transfer window too.

Screenshot-2021-01-05-at-21-17-38.png

Community Shield:

Having won the FA Cup, we were drawn against Liverpool, losing at half-time, I made a triple sub including Alfredo Morelos for his debut, and he immediately bagged two goals. We eventually won after a very long shout-out :D

charity-shield.png

Europa League:

Our first venture into Europa drew us a very solid group:

el-group.png

Here is the squad that starts the season:

GK: Dominik Livakovic, Freddie Woodman(HGN), Joe Whitworth(HGN)

RB: Silvan Widmer, Nicolò Armini

LB: Álex Grimaldo, Tyrick Mitchell(HGN)

CB: Kristoffer Ajer, Andrea Papetti, Chris Mepham(HGN), Kenny Cambridge(HGN)

DM: Sandro Tonali, Manuel Ugarte

LM: Victor Tsygankov, Riccardo Orsolini

RM: Wilfried Zaha(HGN), Marcus Edwards(HGN)

AM: Ebere Eze(HGN), Nikola Vlasic, James Maddison(HGN), Sergio Gómez, Lee Kang-In, Thiago Almada

ST: Odsonne Edouard, Alfredo Morelos, Matías Arezo

2 hours ago, stevemc said:

Crystal Palace: 2021/22 (Season 2 - Start)

Ended up having a really solid transfer window, moved fast to pick up Alfredo Morelos for £20m, 4. Chris Mepham for £17m, Freddie Woodman for £1.5m from relegated Newcastle United, Riccardo Orsolini for £12.5m and Chris Mepham for £25m whilst Sergio Gómez and Nico Williams joined on a free. Amazingly, Sandro Tonali became available for £15m and with us needing a quality left-back, I went for Álex Grimaldo after missing out on Lucas Digne to Inter. Later in the window I added James Maddison for £32m and Lee Kang-In for his £12.75m release taking our window to a much busier place than I initially expected.

I moved on a number of players from the club including; Patrick van Aanholt,  Jordan Ayew, Mamadou Sakho, Luka Milivojevic, Jairo Riedewald, James Tomkins, James McCarthy, Jack Butland and Nathan Ferguson. I had a falling out with Viktor Fischer so he's on the transfer window too.

Screenshot-2021-01-05-at-21-17-38.png

Community Shield:

Having won the FA Cup, we were drawn against Liverpool, losing at half-time, I made a triple sub including Alfredo Morelos for his debut, and he immediately bagged two goals. We eventually won after a very long shout-out :D

charity-shield.png

Europa League:

Our first venture into Europa drew us a very solid group:

el-group.png

Here is the squad that starts the season:

Great transfer window... You should be set for strikers for some time 😁

I have not had my laptop since before xmas as it was getting repaired, get it back tomorrow and I am going to start my Everton save. 

Has anyone else started with them and been able to shift the deadwood successfully? 

On 04/01/2021 at 09:52, stevemc said:

There's no folders called background, stadium, comp and so  on... Should I just create them?

On 04/01/2021 at 09:52, stevemc said:

I've downloaded it all, skin and backgrounds... 
But how do you get this screen post-match:

'Cause I can't... 

facup1.png

Mine looks like this;

FSV Offenbach v Kaiserslautern_ Review.png

Edited by Gungner

12 hours ago, Gungner said:

I've downloaded it all, skin and backgrounds... 
But how do you get this screen post-match:

'Cause I can't... 

facup1.png

Mine looks like this;

FSV Offenbach v Kaiserslautern_ Review.png

You need to install these mate:

Not sure if I can post on this thread but I started a game with Sunderland and managed back to back promotions to the Premier League. 1st season I managed to finish 11th when I was predicted to finish 18th, however I started the 2nd season poorly. Morale in the squad was through the floor and I just couldnt win, going into November I had only managed 2 wins, both away from home and I was 16th.

I then received an interview offer from Wolves, normally I would reject it straight away to stick with Sunderland but Ive never moved clubs during a save but I just thought why not. Attended the interview and they asked if I was comfortable with working with a £98 million transfer budget :eek: Ive never had a budget that big on any save so I applied. When I had a closer look Wolves had been taken over and they were 14th. They offered me the job and I took it, I felt bad for ditching Sunderland but it was just an offer I couldnt refuse. Ive since dragged them from 14th up to 6th despite an absolute battering off Man Utd (5-0) and a defeat to high flying (at the time) Norwich (3-2) Ive been on a tremendous run, excited to see how far I can take them.

Crystal Palace: 2021/22 (Season 2 - End)

Steady season, however I was open to leaving when Tottenham offered me an interview, they turned me down last Summer, but approached me in March. Interview went well but they ended up turning to Maurizio Sarri, so in his very first Spurs game I beat them 6-0 at Selhurst Park - he won't be there long. I will leave Palace, I just need the right opportunity to move on.

But we ended up with a slightly better season that last season...

Premier League:

I didn't think it was possible, but I managed to finish in the top four, actually 3rd on goal difference, one goal above Manchester United. We had some big injuries in Dec/Jan, but once they came back we hit some brilliant form in the run in. Odsonne Edouard picked up the Golden Boot with 27 goals but Alfredo Morelos also chipped in with 13 from the bench. There's a few clubs sniffing around him, hopefully Champions League football will help him stay but he has a £79m release clause.

The clinching game was a 1-4 win at Stamford Bridge:

cl-qual.png

Screenshot-2021-01-12-at-13-49-05.png

pl-review.png

top-score.png

Community Shield:

charity-shield.png

Europa League:

We comfortably topped our group but eventually came up short to eventual winners Lazio, who knocked us out in the semi-finals, still a good run for us:

el.png

el-review.png

Carabao Cup: :thup:

We managed to defend our cup, two year running we've picked up the Carabao Cup now following a comfortable 2-0 win against Burnley. Edouard scoring two whilst missing two penalties too...

efl2.png

efl1.png

carabao.png

FA Cup: :thup:

Again, we managed to defend our FA Cup win from last season, back to back winner after mad final. 2-0 down, I changed everything in the 80th minute, put Ajer up front and hit the direct long balls and super-sub Alfredo Morelos bags in the 89th and 90th minute :D After that, there was only ever going to be one winner in extra time...

facupfinal.png

fa-review.png

Review:

Below is the review of our season, very happy overall:

review1.png

review-2.png

lineup.png

wages.png

We've also had a good youth intake too, so the future is looking bright and RB and CB:

youngster.png

Screenshot-2021-01-12-at-15-06-46.png

Screenshot-2021-01-12-at-15-06-55.png

I am actively looking to move on from Palace, but currently there are no jobs around so I might end up doing a 3rd season here, I've just accepted a £45m offer the ever-complaining 29-year-old Wilfried Zaha from Arsenal so he will probably leave. I've also accepted a £25m offer from Aston Villa for Riccardo Orsolini, who as good as a player he is, just doesn't suit my formation and tactics. I've got a £60m transfer kitty too, should I stay. I was really disappointed with Marcus Edwards - all he has done is moan, train poorly and can't take criticism - then got injured for 3 months and I'm still trying to bin off Viktor Fischer :D

GK: Dominik Livakovic, Freddie Woodman(HGN), Daniel Rose(HGN)

RB: Silvan Widmer, Nicolò Armini, Bobby Leitch(HGN)

LB: Álex Grimaldo, Tyrick Mitchell(HGN)

CB: Kristoffer Ajer, Andrea Papetti, Chris Mepham(HGN), Kenny Cambridge(HGN)

DM: Sandro Tonali, Manuel Ugarte

LM: Victor Tsygankov, Riccardo Orsolini, Sergio Gómez

RM: Wilfried Zaha(HGN), Marcus Edwards(HGN)

AM: Ebere Eze(HGN), Nikola Vlasic, James Maddison(HGN), Lee Kang-In, Thiago Almada

ST: Odsonne Edouard, Alfredo Morelos, Matías Arezo

Edited by stevemc

Some of the former West Ham academy players I could sign are already mentioned Reece Oxford, there is also Domingos Quina, Grady Diangana, Joe Powell, Toni Martinez,  Marcus Browne, Martin Samuelson, George Dobson, Reece Burke, Josh Cullen, Kortney Hause, Dan Potts, Alex Pritchard, George Moncur, James Tomkins etc.

So plenty of talent to choose from.

West Ham Season 1 Preview

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_k9XHLuCqp4sqdef3PVG

I have picked former player Alvin Martin as the former player who will be managing West Ham. He played 469 games for West Ham and is a Hammers legend. 

His son David Martin also plays for West Ham so in theory I will get to manage my son in the game lol.

image.jpeg.36e03c66c4af63bef7e124ebc5e8e42f.jpegimage.jpeg.d0773f872acaa35a45ed9c2c70d5b1b9.jpeg

This is best overall 11. I think with Benrehma will be my best player overall this season.

I have gone with a 4-2-3-1 Gegenpress formation for now and will see how it goes.

image.thumb.png.847e59f6df38d19ffc42e1cfc85fcba1.png

I already have former players Stuart Pearce, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Steve Potts and Kevin Keen at the club when I took over and I have decided to bring in more former players with Julian Dicks, Paulo Futre, Florin Raducioiu, John Hartson, Glen Johnson & Teddy Sheringham.

I will update as I go along.

1 minute ago, Welshace said:

@Ronaldo Beckham have you had a good look at the youth at West ham? Are they decent or?

Still haven't settled on a prem side to manage yet 

Yeah they have some good youth players. Here is some of them.

Ben Johnson - 20 year old English Right Back

image.thumb.png.64226f29ad7e5a9b0185da27e4310b01.png

A very good right back who has played a few games already for West Ham in real life and looks like the making of another good/great English right back. 

Josh Wilson-Esbrand - 17 year old English Left Back

image.thumb.png.1b9ee8ebe70117cc02a53a39a3e6b0b4.png

I managed to sign Josh Wilson-Esbrand a former West Ham academy player from Man City for £700k minus the 20% of profit clause West Ham put on the player before they sold him to Man City originally. A very good left back in the making. I am excitied to have him on the left and Ben Johnson on the right.

Jamal Baptiste - 16 year old English Centre Back

image.thumb.png.66b3785df9b0656a973cab590bc7ca60.png

I am really excited about Baptiste and will look to give him first team football this season in the Carabo Cup.

Conor Coventry - 20 year Irish Central Midfielder

image.thumb.png.d2581fa2a110bd4708b8e736548d45a7.png

I don't know much about Coventry but I think he can replace Noble when Noble retires. Average attributes but I think he will get better in time.

Bernardo Rosa - 19 year Brazilian Playmaker

image.thumb.png.61800d2b6049895e79d728a334ff748c.png

A Brazilian at West Ham lol. Who would of thought that would happen.

He is apparently a similar type of player to Formals. I think he would be well suited just behind the Striker.

image.png.dcca371992d5e44a947300fb725ccbd7.png

Everton 2020-2021 - Season 1

My transfers for season one were as follows:

image.png.bcec17ed5c4f9e453bea031cdc08a8aa.png

Antonio was signed only as a potential ploy to bring in the better Donnarumma on a free transfer next season, at the start of the game he had no interest in joining us. Garay was brought in as a free back up at the back. Ugarte and Arezo were both signed with the future in mind and would feature here and there in the season but not consistently.

image.png.58596bb35eeccfdb5f227310955c1ad5.png

As you can see Garay wasn't with us long and was sold in January after a poor run of games in December when he did make appearances for us. There isn't much to say about the rest as they were all surplus to requirements, as well as a long list of players we sent away out on loan.

Competitions

image.png.ef40623d29e7e6e30d189fa50f5bd5c0.png

I am delighted with managing to finish in 4th in the first season, I had aimed for the top seven to try and clinch European football but to get Champions League football is above and beyond what I expected in season one.

image.png.016de122eb665369dd2418031e1f3ba6.png

The league cup was massively disappointing for us and I don't want to dwell on it, we played the youth and they didn't deliver. The FA cup was a lot more heart-breaking to lose out one game from the final. I am hoping to go one better next year and win a trophy.

Squad Stats

image.png.caaba6b4c8bf75a94f15f44387fb0565.png

image.png.8e66355266d7f1b1084ec053f23f6d37.png

Overall I am delighted with how most of the squad played throughout the season, our front four of Richarlison, James, Vinicius Junior and Calvert-Lewin linked up so well together, the passing and movement between them all was lovely to watch. Pickford with 23 clean sheets was also something I was not expecting at all.

Our team of the season was as follows:

image.png.39f6e6f4bf1241ce793c91ccf3c692b1.png

From season two I am planning on updating the thread more regularly, in the meantime I am off to build my team for Champions League football next season.

West Ham Season 1 Review

I managed to get West Ham a top 4 position in Season 1 and got them Champions League football as well. I think the first time in their history.

image.thumb.png.9a3f1ae33ce65d26d182ae2743fc8e7d.png

Antonio was my main man upfront with 16 goals. Cresswell supplying the assists with 10 assists for the season and overall best player was Cresswell as well

Michail Antonio

image.thumb.png.3dccb965fccbc7b4cdd3c38b7192986d.png

Aaron Cresswell

image.thumb.png.bc580fafb722950e9c773be3bffd9099.png

I signed former West Ham academy player Hakeeb Adelakun from Bristol City for £600k and has really impressed when he has played. I am hoping to give him more game time next season.

image.thumb.png.cfd2d4a91ee4081a698d8493d07846fe.png

I managed to bring back Reece Oxford and Domingos Quina and Oxford was ever present after he joined and Quina played well when he got his chances. 

image.thumb.png.9182214c1b0e3a1522bc2da6d230c4e0.png

image.thumb.png.a4df0fb2acebe76939f523661317a68c.png

I am off to do a season on my Bologna save. I will come back to my West Ham save soon.

Hello ı am a big fan of Sean Dyche he gets really good results with a mediocre side.they play  with what they got nothıng fancy because they dont have the players fot that.how can ı make a tactic for  Burnley team.ı dont mınd ıts hoofball or not just wanna stay strong at defence and be a threat at offence

2 minutes ago, dido53 said:

Hello ı am a big fan of Sean Dyche he gets really good results with a mediocre side.they play  with what they got nothıng fancy because they dont have the players fot that.how can ı make a tactic for  Burnley team.ı dont mınd ıts hoofball or not just wanna stay strong at defence and be a threat at offence

It would probably be a Route One 4-4-2 tactic with them playing for set pieces.

Just now, Ronaldo Beckham said:

It would probably be a Route One 4-4-2 tactic with them playing for set pieces.

what about roles and what ıs your opınon about defensive line?game mostly favours hıgh or hıgher

1 dakika önce, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Wood would probably be a Targetman with Attack. Barnes would probably be a Defensive Forward with Support or a Pressing Forward. 

I aint got a clue about defensive line though.

thanks

Taking a break from my Arsenal save that I'm tracking in the Arsenal thread to start a different Prem side. In this case, Wolves. They have a few players I really like, and I'd like to elevate them up to CL/title level.

Three additional transfers in the first summer so far.

Emile Smith Rowe in on loan from Arsenal.

Victor Tsygankov in from Dynamo Kyiv for 12.5M possibly rising to 22M

Roderick Miranda out to QPR

----

Hoping to utilize some of the good youth the squad starts with. May be some growing pains for them, but I have faith.