High wage demands for free players

TLD

When you try to sign a player on a free, quite a few players ask for unrealistic wages, we’re talking £80-£120k per week. Yet when they sign for another club, they sign on a more realistic £20-£40k per week. This has been going on for a few years now. Daniel Sturridge has been financially out of reach for any club that he’s good enough for for FM20 and FM21. Jack Wilshere is another example from FM21. Takes the fun out of picking up free transfers at the start of the game.

Thanks @TLD, we're aware of this issue, my understanding is that fixing these isssues requires alot of shake up in the simulated transfer market to fix, which is going to take alot of Dev and QA time to get right. Its on our list and ill raise the bug to be of higher importance to make sure it gets some dev attention.

I always thought that the unrealistic demands from these particular players is because they are very reluctant to sign for just anyone, so they demand the earth from most.

When they get an offer from a certain level of club, they sign for more realistic wages.

May be wrong though.

I did think it was down to certain clubs, but have tried signing these players with top, middle and bottom teams and the wage demands are always the same. Then they will sign for teams I’ve managed and tried to sign for a fraction of the cost. Frustrating as I love signing freebies in manager games. Cheers for looking into it though.