What the hell are Norwich doing with their goalkeepers?

This isn't a huge deal, but I've just noticed that Norwich have loaned two young goalkeepers to the same club (Dordrecht) on consecutive days in January 2022. This is unrealistic as I don't think any club would ever loan two young goalkeepers to the same club who would then compete with each other for game time.

I don't have a save game from before the event unfortunately, but I've uploaded the file called Polska.fm.

EDIT: Whilst I'm at it, I've noticed that Norwich's goalkeeping situation is absolutely bonkers. I'm in February and they've brought on a substitute goalkeeper in eight Premier League matches this season, and they've used six different goalkeepers in the league in 26 matches. 

So that's now three highly unrealistic goalkeeping issues that I've noticed from just one club in one season:

- Loaning two goalkeepers to the same club

- Constantly bringing on substitute goalkeepers

- Using loads of different goalkeepers from one match to the next

• FreddyGuarin changed the title to What the hell are Norwich doing with their goalkeepers?
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello and thanks for the feedback.

From what I've seen, they've been extremely unlucky with injuries, with Betinelli getting injured twice during a match and once with a slight injury (substituted in that match as well, to avoid aggravating it). Tim Krul got a dislocated shoulder in December, which sidelined him for 7 weeks. 

For the issue with two young keepers being loaned at the same team - sadly, we'll need a save from before they're sent to investigate further.

Kind regards,

Vik

10 minutes ago, Viktor Ilivanov said:

Hello and thanks for the feedback.

From what I've seen, they've been extremely unlucky with injuries, with Betinelli getting injured twice during a match and once with a slight injury (substituted in that match as well, to avoid aggravating it). Tim Krul got a dislocated shoulder in December, which sidelined him for 7 weeks. 

For the issue with two young keepers being loaned at the same team - sadly, we'll need a save from before they're sent to investigate further.

Kind regards,

Vik

Fair enough. I did notice they had a few injuries which explained some of the substitutions, but I wasn't sure if it justified eight goalkeeper subs in 26 matches. I also thought the fact they seemed to bring on different keepers each time was peculiar.

For the point about two goalkeepers being loaned to the same club, could this just not be hard-coded into the game? 'CLUB1 has rejected the loan offer from CLUB2 because they don't want two of their goalkeepers on loan at the same club'?

From the point of view of the feeder club (or club1, as you named it), they wouldn't mind the extra quality - it should come from the Senior Affiliate that makes the decision to loan them only one (so the other keeper can get playing time elsewhere :) )

I'll be on the lookout for this issue in my own saves as well.

14 minutes ago, Viktor Ilivanov said:

From the point of view of the feeder club (or club1, as you named it), they wouldn't mind the extra quality - it should come from the Senior Affiliate that makes the decision to loan them only one (so the other keeper can get playing time elsewhere :) )

I'll be on the lookout for this issue in my own saves as well.

CLUB1 was the club loaning out, not the club loaning in, hence why they were the ones that rejected the offer ;)