Instant Result button does the same thing as the Simulate Match button

Zoolok42

Title, basically. In FM20 Touch, instant result button would just give a result right away, in this case it still simulates the entire match, as if I pressed the other button. For instance, if I have an injured player in the starting 11, Simulate Match button wouldn't let me proceed in FM20, and Instant Result button would just ignore it an let the assistant take over. In FM21, both buttons complain that there is an injured player in the starting 11, and the simulation takes the same amount of time, regardless of which button I press.

This happens with all teams and in all saves I've had so far, regardless of the settings I use.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

Hi @Zoolok42, this is unfortunately something we're aware of and looking to fix. You are correct in that both are functioning the same, and we suspect that this is because the PC and Xbox platforms do not actually have "Instant Result", and there's been some interference as a result of that. We'll keep you updated on any progress we make on this. Thanks for your patience!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, it's still not patched with last update. Can you tell us when you will patch this please? We're in January, and game is out months ago from now... That's a bit of a shame... And we can't be refunded on switch, I guess you know it. 

Edited by n3kr0kappa

• 4 weeks later...

Still no patch for this, we're almost in March... This is a shame, the game was expensive and the eshop policy doesn't let us to get refund. Nice theft, thanx.  

And "we suspect that this is because the PC and Xbox platforms do not actually have "Instant Result"... Is it a joke, what's your job again ? You know that we're not talking about a 1$ game, right? 

I'm sorry if I'm not really kind in my words, this is the first time I post a message like this on a forum... I'm really pissed with the current state of the game and since we're almost in March I think you just don't care about it. 

Edited by n3kr0kappa

• SI Staff

Hi all, with the 21.3 update out now, we just have a fully functioning "Instant Result", which works in the same way as "Simulate Result" did.

The reason we have removed the old quick "Instant Result" was that Switch has recently transitioned to a "full match engine", meaning a user can exit the match to look at teams/player profiles, and then return to the match. Previously we couldn't do this on Switch. The unfortunate consequence of this is that the old quick Instant Result no longer works when using the the new "full match engine". Unfortunately, we didn't remove this properly from the UI in time for release.

Happy to answer any further questions on this.

Cheers,

Ali

Hey, thanx for the answer but this is not satisfying. I was thinking about using this functionality in that version, as usual in fm touch... Why didn't have you said that you were about to delete that button in your previous answer ? I can't believe that deleting/communicate about that functionality took you almost 6 months. I feel like I clearly wasted my money. 

Edit How can you consider this as resolved, this is absolutely dishonest... You are just zero, game is still not finished 6 months after launch, if you were independent or a small team I'll understand but your broken game is totally amateurish, shame on you. 

Edited by n3kr0kappa