Offer older players to reduce his big wages because you want him to retire at your club

Bakiano

Hello :) 

I am at the end of the second season with Leicester City, I have of course still Vardy in my team even though he is declining because of his age.

I am playing with a one striker formation and have three good strikers where Vardy is now my third option. He still has one year contract, so I don't want to sell him, I want that he retires here.

But the problem is, he has the highest wage in the club even though he don't deserve it at this moment and his agreed playing time is Star player, but as you can see in picture, he is a regular starter. I wanted to renew his contract and reduce his salary, but he wants to be a star player and he also wants a big pay rise.

So, I was thinking, it would be a good thing if you could have a option to talk with him, how he declined over the years and that I can't offer him a star player role anymore and that I want that he retires here, so I need from him to agree to reduce his wages with a new contract.

This option would be only for these type players where they are favourites among the club and is in his last days of career football.

• 1 month later...