Selling players for the end of season, they are transferred immediately instead

Hi,

I've received an offer for one of my players. As i had needed him for that period, i negotiated the offer, set transfer date "end of season" 

It was accepted and i confirmed the transfer. The next second, he was transferred instead of staying in my club till the end of the season.

I've experienced the same exact problem with one of my players in my new team, Utrecht. 

k5drqokt0e661.png

kavchnkt0e661.png

Ok, it happened for the third time and it's getting boring. Because this is surely a game breaking bug.

See screenshots below, as well as the save game.

Steps to Reproduce

- I have uploaded a save game called "Torcuato Roca Paradis-1.fm"

- Save game will load on the 31 Jan 2030.

- Check Transfers page, see Feyenoord bid for Maas. 

- Note that my team received an offer with the transfer date set to be "the end of season"

- Confirm the transfer for Maas to Feyenoord.

- Click Continue.

- Observe that Maas is transferred immediately.

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

8 hours ago, Xebeche said:

I had the same issue a couple of times, playing (sorry) Ajax. 

Strange how SI hasn't replied yet, since this post is from december 28 and this is a mayor error in the game.

I want to believe Christmas caused this delay. This is a bug too important not to address.

• SI Staff

Thanks for the feedback. We are looking into the problem. 

From the example we have internally then this issue looks to occur when the user selects the 'Negotiate Offer' button in negotiations. If the user selects 'Suggest Terms' then the transfer will go through correctly at the end of the season. 

image.png.12c4f9c2ab945f91bc6a78d8e837d016.png

From looking at the save you have uploaded it looks like the transfer of Maas has been negotiated. Could you confirm if when negotiating you had used the 'Negotiate Offer' button? 

Cheers,

Ben 

3 hours ago, Ben Kenney said:

Thanks for the feedback. We are looking into the problem. 

From the example we have internally then this issue looks to occur when the user selects the 'Negotiate Offer' button in negotiations. If the user selects 'Suggest Terms' then the transfer will go through correctly at the end of the season. 

image.png.12c4f9c2ab945f91bc6a78d8e837d016.png

From looking at the save you have uploaded it looks like the transfer of Maas has been negotiated. Could you confirm if when negotiating you had used the 'Negotiate Offer' button? 

Cheers,

Ben 

Dear Ben,

Thank you very much for your approach to the problem.

It was indeed "negotiated", not suggested -as this could be another topic on a potential bug- but AI teams tend to withdraw whenever an offer includes "end of season" and / or "percentage of next fee" clause suggestion, especially when they are "locked", kept non negotiable. Only "negotiate offer" works under those circumstances, or else they withdraw.

I might have another save, before the initial offer so i will try to "suggest" this time and give my feedback.

Thanks again.

Ok, time for feedback.

I've recreated the exact situation with the same terms, including the non-negotiable ones, "suggested" terms as you suggested, instead of "negotiate".

It actually worked!

Thanks for the workaround, at least i can advance in my career now. I hope negotiation option will also be fixed in the future, though.

Thanks again.

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

I have just recently come across a bug when accepting a bid from an AI team when the transfer date set and agreed to be at the end of the season and they have agreed the the terms the transfer happens straight away in the current window. Please see attached. 

Screenshot 2021-01-06 at 14.10.18.png

Screenshot 2021-01-06 at 14.33.05.png

Screenshot 2021-01-06 at 14.33.20.png

Screenshot 2021-01-06 at 14.33.29.png

• SI Staff

Hi @BlackDynamite10 

Ive merged your thread into this one as it looks like it could potentially be the same issue. 

When negotiating terms on this deal could you please confirm if you used the 'Negotiate Offer' or 'Suggest Terms' option. 

There is an issue we are looking into where the 'Negotiate Offer' option can see the transfer go through straight away instead of at the end of the season. 

Cheers,

Ben 

Hi @Ben Kenney

Thanks for the prompt response, upon reading the thread above, it is the same issue where I have clicked on "negotiate offer" and then accepted the terms after. 

I have since tried the 'suggest terms' and then accept and it seems to go through at the end of the season. 

Thanks, 

Anben

Edited by BlackDynamite10