Players not receiving medals/credited for accumulating enough games

joe5p

Hi,

Not sure if this is a bug or an oversight. Been playing as Bradford, had Thomas Hill on loan from Liverpool. He played in 25 League One games before being recalled by Liverpool at the end of January. 

We went on to win League 1 and he was not given a medal. Think the same generally applies if players leave a team after having already accrued enough games to merit a medal. 

In real life, he would receive a winners medal. It would follow that his history should also then include the fact that he won League 1, even if he was recalled.

To apply some context, it seems bizarre that a player signed on loan in January (e.g. Orellano in my game) can play less league games than Hill, earn a medal and receive one (rightly), but someone who played a bigger part in terms of league appearances isn't credited.

Is this a bug, omission or something planned as a fix for FM22 or thereafter?

I appreciate that the coding that would sit behind this across all transfers in game would be time consuming to facilitate but in terms of matching reality, it would seem like something that needs addressed.

Brilliant version of the game btw.

This article provides some context to this scenario and request that it be implemented. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2004/feb/25/theknowledge.sport

Thanks

Edited by joe5p

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone from SI feedback on this? 

Is it the case that it does not work just now because to do so would mean retaining a boolean value for every player in every team in every league all season while the team they play for still has a chance of winning the league i.e. massive data retention issue?

I take it at the moment, a script to award medals is only triggered at the point a competition is won, and only against current squad member stats? This would clearly be much more efficient in terms of resources but obviously not realistic.

Can anyone at least acknowledge there is an issue?

Thanks

Edited by joe5p