Creating a 4-2-4 for my Leipzig squad

Verticality, Progression, Rotation. Be quick, play the most forward pass, including the center-backs but try to make sure it stays on the ground, prioritize possession if the risk is too high and the chance of losing the ball is higher, then it is better to keep control.  Try to find the most advanced teammate by creating a hole in the opposition midfield line. Accelerate play when we have managed to break through their midfield line. Knowing what your teammate will do is crucial—supporting the player who has the ball by giving them several short options to move the ball quickly. Counter press is our other identity. Out of possession, we play the same way as we do when in possession. We press along with our teammates blocking passing options and marking short options that are available to opponents. If we managed to win the ball back, then having several players close to each other will make it easier for us to keep possession and progress if we get pressed by the opponents afterward. The width can come from either the wing-backs or wingers; it does not matter if both interchange on who will give width, for example, using IWB (A) and Winger with overlap instruction active.

I have a couple of instructions on my mind. 

Tempo- Higher.
Passing Directness- Standard (to be riskier but still prioritize on keeping possession).
(Be more expressive) to have that flair and unpredictability.
Counter-press is a must with counter instruction active.

There should be a BWM in the midfield, but I guess it is still possible to be aggressive without this role. The Line of Engagement should not be too high in the opposition's penalty box because we want to let them come, and it has to be very coordinated, showing them on foot or pressing individual players. We have to be very mindful about our formation and the advantage and disadvantage it gives us. Would love to hear anyone's thought and if needed can provide further clarification

Midfield 2 - BWM (S) DLP (s)

2 Strikers- PF(S) and CF(S)

2 wide players IF(a) with IW(s)

2 full back the left one not sure whether to bring more central presence with IWB or use traditional full back

The right one I am thinking WB (s) or FB (a)

4-2-4 is the formation

Edited by raktim0699

Regista could work instead of BWM. Or perhaps combined with one. DLP has 'Hold Position' hardcoded but the Regista will roam and still acts as a playmaker, pressing upon loss of possession. Although the Regista is a DM, on higher mentalities they push further forward and be willing to defend higher up the pitch.

I think to create the variance in passing options you will be best differing the role mentalities across different stratas ( AF(A) & CF(S) or IF(S) & W(A) ).

Best thing to do is create the tactic and play some games. If you post results and concerns here people will be happy to offer advice.

4 hours ago, mss100 said:

Regista could work instead of BWM. Or perhaps combined with one. DLP has 'Hold Position' hardcoded but the Regista will roam and still acts as a playmaker, pressing upon loss of possession. Although the Regista is a DM, on higher mentalities they push further forward and be willing to defend higher up the pitch.

I think to create the variance in passing options you will be best differing the role mentalities across different stratas ( AF(A) & CF(S) or IF(S) & W(A) ).

Best thing to do is create the tactic and play some games. If you post results and concerns here people will be happy to offer advice.

Thanks for the reply. I will keep on updating how it is going hopefully when the season starts but also I think it is better if we change it game by game basis