Keeper keep hitting long balls and doesnt listen to tactic orders

I know this might sound silly (potentially) but this is based on the stats and not just highlights, right? Just because there's always the possiblity you're noticing the ones that don't go how you want/ there's a reason them ones are being highlighted. 

It would be worth testing other keepers incase it's personnel related if you haven't already.

Otherwise, if you believe the issue might be tactical related you'd be better off posting this in the tactic section with a screenshot of your set up for the right kind of eyes to be drawn to it. 

Alternatively, if you believe it is a bug, you should post it to the bug section with the requisite evidence for it to be looked at.

I can't personally say one noticed anything but then I've been developed a pretty direct style recently so I wouldn't. 

Good luck with getting it sorted.

14 minutes ago, blejdek said:

I have chosen in the tactic play from behind and play to centerbacks, yet my keeper is always hitting the ball up front, is it a bug or what else can I do, pretty ****** :o

I'm having the same issue with ball playing defenders.  I've learned today that they are meant to try long passes, but they are just smacking it 60 yards to no one, usually the opposition fullback or keeper.

6 minutes ago, DeepThought said:

I know this might sound silly (potentially) but this is based on the stats and not just highlights, right? Just because there's always the possiblity you're noticing the ones that don't go how you want/ there's a reason them ones are being highlighted. 

It would be worth testing other keepers incase it's personnel related if you haven't already.

Otherwise, if you believe the issue might be tactical related you'd be better off posting this in the tactic section with a screenshot of your set up for the right kind of eyes to be drawn to it. 

Alternatively, if you believe it is a bug, you should post it to the bug section with the requisite evidence for it to be looked at.

I can't personally say one noticed anything but then I've been developed a pretty direct style recently so I wouldn't. 

Good luck with getting it sorted.

I watched 2 matches on full now and my keeper just sends the long ball when its ball in his hands, legs etc. Doesnt follow instructions the slighest. All 3 keepers I tried out do the same. If this is yet ANOTHER bug I am going to unistall this bag of bugs.

3 minutes ago, busngabb said:

I'm having the same issue with ball playing defenders.  I've learned today that they are meant to try long passes, but they are just smacking it 60 yards to no one, usually the opposition fullback or keeper.

My keeper doesnt even give them the ball, he just shoots it to middle/front, totally opposite of my tactics. FFS

9 minutes ago, blejdek said:

My keeper doesnt even give them the ball, he just shoots it to middle/front, totally opposite of my tactics. FFS

What are your keeper stats? I don't see this at all. My goalkeeper have 80% pass success, and I'm a lower rated PL team that struggles to barely stay lower midtable.

vk6v5h8.png

Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing? 

1 minute ago, XaW said:

What are your keeper stats? I don't see this at all. My goalkeeper have 80% pass success, and I'm a lower rated PL team that struggles to barely stay lower midtable.

vk6v5h8.png

Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing? 

I dont see the stats yet, its preseason at the start of the game.

1 minute ago, XaW said:

Well, take a look after 10 games and compare.

I dont think we are on the same problem :) The problem is my keeper doesnt play the ball to my centerbacks, even tho i have ticked "play from the back" and "distribute to centre backs".

12 minutes ago, blejdek said:

I dont think we are on the same problem :) The problem is my keeper doesnt play the ball to my centerbacks, even tho i have ticked "play from the back" and "distribute to centre backs".

Ok then, this is my last match and I ticked off all completed and intercepted passes from my goalkeeper. I had 1 that is intercepted. Other than that most are passed to my centre backs and a few longer passes for when my team got pressured. My instructions is to "distribute to fullbacks" as well as "play out of defence".

image.thumb.png.1c52bfa13134aee27b7341030e8e0bfc.png

To find this, go into the last match and press the "Analytical data" in the bottom right. Then press "Players", make sure your team is selected on the next line. Then press the drop down menu that says "Shots" and select "Passes". From there select "PsC" and "PsI" for your goalkeeper to get a similar map that I have.

What do yours look like from your previous match?

5 minutes ago, XaW said:

Ok then, this is my last match and I ticked off all completed and intercepted passes from my goalkeeper. I had 1 that is intercepted. Other than that most are passed to my centre backs and a few longer passes for when my team got pressured.

image.thumb.png.1c52bfa13134aee27b7341030e8e0bfc.png

To find this, go into the last match and press the "Analytical data" in the bottom right. Then press "Players", make sure your team is selected on the next line. Then press the drop down menu that says "Shots" and select "Passes". From there select "PsC" and "PsI" for your goalkeeper to get a similar map that I have.

What do yours look like from your previous match?

So one is keeper wtih number 30, the other is number 39. 

What am I seeing her is the keeper30 did make long passes (even tho my tactic says different), while keeper39 did make passes to centrebacks (if statistics is true) ?? My tactic was the same whole match.

keeper_passes.png

Just now, blejdek said:

So one is keeper wtih number 30, the other is number 39. 

What am I seeing her is the keeper30 did make long passes (even tho my tactic says different), while keeper39 did make passes to centrebacks (if statistics is true) ?? My tactic was the same whole match.

keeper_passes.png

Well, either the opponents pressed you more when one was in goal, or he has some player trait to go long or something? It's not easy to see from just a screenshot, so I can only guess. You can highlight every long pass and see the highlight for it though, so perhaps that can show you why?

image.png.0c1012bf6cb14997bc5fff3eef4a472a.png

3 minutes ago, XaW said:

Well, either the opponents pressed you more when one was in goal, or he has some player trait to go long or something? It's not easy to see from just a screenshot, so I can only guess. You can highlight every long pass and see the highlight for it though, so perhaps that can show you why?

image.png.0c1012bf6cb14997bc5fff3eef4a472a.png

Where can I find this data, to see if those passes were to centrebacks and which werent ?

Just now, blejdek said:

Where can I find this data, to see if those passes were to centrebacks and which werent ?

Same as before, just hover over the round dots and it will appear.

3 minutes ago, XaW said:

Same as before, just hover over the round dots and it will appear.

I found it. The keeper that sent 3 long passes doesnt have any trait, the another one have avoid use of weaker foot. Maybe I was concentrated on the 3 long passes that first keeper did and havent even notice then second keeper did all short passes to centrebacks. But the first keeper had more or less centrebacks free when he was shooting long ball. But overall they both followed my instructions if we look at the top pictures.

Do you have anything to add? :=

4 minutes ago, blejdek said:

I found it. The keeper that sent 3 long passes doesnt have any trait, the another one have avoid use of weaker foot. Maybe I was concentrated on the 3 long passes that first keeper did and havent even notice then second keeper did all short passes to centrebacks. But the first keeper had more or less centrebacks free when he was shooting long ball. But overall they both followed my instructions if we look at the top pictures.

Do you have anything to add? :=

Well, perhaps the one who did all the long passes have low vision or perhaps poor decisions, or passing, kicking or something. or it could be just random. At any rate, try to see how it happens over a longer period. It could be an outlier. If you see it regularly and think that the goalkeeper should have made another choice, I'm sure SI would like to know of it. So in that case open a bug report in the ME section and upload some matches and mark down timestamps. That could help SI to investigate and perhaps tweak things for a future version if the numbers are off.