21 v 20. Is it a walkover? I’d like your opinions

When I first commented on 21 I basically called it a triumph. A leap forward from last year in terms of the graphics and ME. as various updates come through and the game is diluted for low spec tablets my opinion is less generous. I think it’s still the better game but I do think SI showed us a glimpse of great and then rowed back. So 21 wins but it’s not the walkover it started as,

what does  everybody else think?

Edited by steam just is

This topic obviously didn’t get the pulses racing 😂!

am I alone? Is 21 better than 20? Or is it basically the same with some shadows and shouts?

it started great. I’m seriously concerned it’s been compromised. But I might also have negative recency bias and don’t appreciate the YoY improvements

The most important aspect is the ME and I think it's definitely an improvement over the last 2 versions. The game seems pretty well optimised also but then again I'm on a laptop so can't really comment on the issues tablet users have. The matchday UI will take some getting used to but I personally think it's a step down from FM 20. The streamlining of transfers and contracts is also a little disappointing.

It's just a pity that the low rating bugs and the inability to move players to and from your B Team/C Team is prevalent right now. It's something that plagues the main game too so hopefully it will be fixed soon.

I think after the March update, it will be the best version of FMT gameplay wise barring any technical issues.

I want to add something, on these forums you regularly read "shame this isn't in FMT, shame they streamlined contracts & transfers". While I have respect for that opinion, I actually love the way they are taking. For me FMT should have the basics of every feature and not the full complexity/time consuming things. So to counter a bit the posts that mention transfer & contracts are less good, I want to tell that I'm very happy that this has changed to an even simpler system. 

I agree with you both. The whole point to FMT is streamlining and this how it started and should continue. I don’t have a problem with extra layers to the match (shouts and tactics etc) as the match should be the apex of the game. Match deep, everything else streamlined.

because the match is so important to me and because I have an iPad Pro I think this is where my issues are. When first released the graphics and ME  played great IMO. Although the ME is apparently identical to full fat I do believe compromises have been made on tablets. So the calculations may be the same but the game you watch is inferior. This means the visual experience is actually below what it was 4 years ago. In gaming that is not impressive. It also gives the impression SI release gold standard to bring people in and then gradually filter it down. Frankly the ME now feels and looks very similar to 20. That doesn’t sit well with me at all.

I stand to be corrected. I want to be corrected. I love the game but I’m tired of this apparent downward journey happening every year on tablets. Games should be the best they can be, not facsimiles of the best so it’s accessible for low tech.

1 hour ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

I want to add something, on these forums you regularly read "shame this isn't in FMT, shame they streamlined contracts & transfers". While I have respect for that opinion, I actually love the way they are taking. For me FMT should have the basics of every feature and not the full complexity/time consuming things. So to counter a bit the posts that mention transfer & contracts are less good, I want to tell that I'm very happy that this has changed to an even simpler system. 

I can understand this point of view and may come around to it myself.