Can't win anymore

I play with fulham and i use a knap's tactic (1HOLYGHOSTFIREKnap4312P105ECCC)

I did great the first season, finished 4th and qualified to UCL. But now i can't win a single match anymore, i feel like if i don't change the tactics i won't win anymore and i don't know what to do.. I tried so many things, team meetings, etc..

What is going on ? 

Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_1.png

I heard the latest patch really did a number on some formations. I don't know if this is proven (I haven't seen much about it here) but a number of Youtube 'content creators' have raised this enough for me to think it has some weight. 

Personally, I was doing really well with a 4-2-3-1 with Reading. Got them promoted and even managed to get some wins and draws under my belt. My squad is nowhere near good enough for the Prem so I don't know if it was just good momentum for a few in-game weeks or just my tactic being on point, but since just before Xmas I have been losing all my games, even against teams on a similar level. 

Second season syndrome.

Teams will start taking you more seriously after you took a relegation side to the champions league.

They adapt to your strength and go more on defense probably.

You're not a top side but the opponent will now treat you as one because of your achievements last season.

I'm not an expert on tactics but what I would do is change up some things. Don't go full attack / press / high defense lines etc like many knap tactics do that work with Liverpool but not so much with Fulham.

17 minutes ago, Plugpin said:

I heard the latest patch really did a number on some formations. I don't know if this is proven (I haven't seen much about it here) but a number of Youtube 'content creators' have raised this enough for me to think it has some weight. 

Personally, I was doing really well with a 4-2-3-1 with Reading. Got them promoted and even managed to get some wins and draws under my belt. My squad is nowhere near good enough for the Prem so I don't know if it was just good momentum for a few in-game weeks or just my tactic being on point, but since just before Xmas I have been losing all my games, even against teams on a similar level. 

My first season was on the latest patch so i don't think it's that

17 minutes ago, Kraiden said:

Second season syndrome.

Teams will start taking you more seriously after you took a relegation side to the champions league.

They adapt to your strength and go more on defense probably.

You're not a top side but the opponent will now treat you as one because of your achievements last season.

I'm not an expert on tactics but what I would do is change up some things. Don't go full attack / press / high defense lines etc like many knap tactics do that work with Liverpool but not so much with Fulham.

So i should try to change some things in the tactics, like not going offensive in away games, maybe cautious ? 

17 minutes ago, Jetrox said:

So i should try to change some things in the tactics, like not going offensive in away games, maybe cautious ? 

Simply changing mentality won't really help. You are using an exploit tactic that is extremely unbalanced. So, when it works it works. But any small changes to it will probably only reassert the fact that it shouldn't work and only does to the extent that a bunch of artificial game conditions are met. 

Better to work on creating a long term balanced tactic whose effectiveness is rooted in good tactical principles rather than exploiting the match engine.

Or... just download a different exploit tactic and try again I suppose

Funny thing is......excactly the same thing happened on my save.

Fulham qualified for the CL in 4th 1st season,

2nd season in the relegation zone and Scottie Parker sacked by December.

50 minutes ago, ozilthegunner said:

Simply changing mentality won't really help. You are using an exploit tactic that is extremely unbalanced. So, when it works it works. But any small changes to it will probably only reassert the fact that it shouldn't work and only does to the extent that a bunch of artificial game conditions are met. 

Better to work on creating a long term balanced tactic whose effectiveness is rooted in good tactical principles rather than exploiting the match engine.

Or... just download a different exploit tactic and try again I suppose

You mean if i change the knap's tactic to be more appropriate to my team, the thing that made the tactic "good" won't be there anymore ?

4 minutes ago, Jetrox said:

You mean if i change the knap's tactic to be more appropriate to my team, the thing that made the tactic "good" won't be there anymore ?

Yes, possibly. Obviously doesn't mean any change will cause the problem, but with the positions/roles/duties being unbalanced and with so many team instructions you cannot really isolate what parts of the tactic are leading to what and so it is hard to predict what effect tactical changes may have

This is why, for instance, it is generally recommended to start with no (or very few) team instructions and then slowly add in as needed. You want your positions/roles/duties to be doing most of the "tactical lifting" because they can really only do that if they are in fact well set up and balanced. Team instructions then tweak that base... a system like yours has the TIs doing so much of the lifting

3 hours ago, Jetrox said:

I play with fulham and i use a knap's tactic

That actually explains everything. You are using a plug'n'play (exploit) tactic. This kind of tactics are extremely successful because they are made in such a way as to exploit current flaws of the ME (which any ME has, no matter how good it otherwise is). The problem is that these PnP/exploit tactics usually last only until the ME is improved by a new patch ;)

In situations like this, only the creator of the tactic - knap in this case - can help you, so you need to ask him for suggestions as to what tweaks you need to make to the tactic.