Way too many goals in FM21

This could be the case in beta, but I find the game very realistic in that regard now. You get the odd anomalous high scoring game, but that is no different from the real world.

You might have hit upon a tactic that the AI is really struggling with. That has been the case for some past FMs.

6 hours ago, Locosconpollos said:

I'm playing as Man U, and I'm killing teams with tons of goals.  Makes the game very unrealistic and kills the immersion.  Has anyone else noticed this?   I don't think it's a bug, but something needs to be tuned 

Are you playing on full detail or none ?

1 hour ago, alian62 said:

Are you playing on full detail or none ?

If they're playing in that league (as they're Man Utd and they're the one scoring lots of goals) it would be on full detail as they're actually playing the matches it's occurring in. 

What are the goals like in AI vs AI matches - especially Liverpool?  As the human player, especially if you've been on a wonderkid shopping spree and use a tactic that exploits the game's weaknesses, you can distort how the ME really behaves with a normal team.

In my saves - two countries; 5 seasons, I've seen a few mad games with very high scores and PSG in Ligue 1 can regularly destroy teams by 4 or 5 goals, but it mostly looks very reasonable. I suspect you're just seeing how OP Man Utd can be in FM.

In my save with Leicester, Liverpool battered City 7-0 in my third season. In general, I believe goal numbers are high in this edition but so are goals in last couple of seasons in the league. So this is not much surprising to be honest. 

On 02/01/2021 at 08:00, CM said:

In my save with Leicester, Liverpool battered City 7-0 in my third season. In general, I believe goal numbers are high in this edition but so are goals in last couple of seasons in the league. So this is not much surprising to be honest. 

Yeah I'm wondering if they did this on purpose to match the increase in goals.  I've just noticed overall it's easier to score then in FM20