Who to sign in League One

B3nnet7

Can anyone recommend anyone to sign in League One that they have had great success with and has done well for them, preferably very cheap, free transfers or loan players as I don't really have any transfer budget to spend. 

This is for the 2020/2021 season on FM21, so a new save. I've started with my local club Peterborough. My go to loan players are always Adam Idah (ST from norwich) Harvey White (CM from Spurs) Teden Mengi (CB from Man United) and Ben Johnson (RB from West Ham) I can always count on them to do well for me. 

Just wanting some more ideas, if anyone has loans that you basically dont have to pay any wages whilst they're with you then that would be amazing. 

Thanks in advance :)

I’m doing the exact same save. Ricky jade jones is lethal to start with so don’t worry about a striker with him and JCL.

I can recommend a few but I think it may depend on what your database looks like but yeah I signed a Spanish player called Mandi on a free. He’s brilliant. 

I also signed a player from Tromso called Kent - Are Antonsen who is amazing for that level. 
Otso Virtanen, Ole Martin Kolskogen.
Laird on loan from United..

Also have a look at Spurs, a few of their defenders are quick and available for loan. The Scandinavian second divisions are a very good source of players. 
Kristoffer Barmen and Brynjolfur Willumsson are two I couldn’t afford.

Here’s some players that were available for free but I didn’t sign, again they’ll probably be very good for league one level. 
Yaya Sanogo, Carlos Kameni , Tiago Castro, Diafra Sakho, Kevin Stewart, Diago Viana, Bambo Diaby, Joel Lynch, Michael Doughty.

15 hours ago, B3nnet7 said:

Can anyone recommend anyone to sign in League One that they have had great success with and has done well for them, preferably very cheap, free transfers or loan players as I don't really have any transfer budget to spend. 

This is for the 2020/2021 season on FM21, so a new save. I've started with my local club Peterborough. My go to loan players are always Adam Idah (ST from norwich) Harvey White (CM from Spurs) Teden Mengi (CB from Man United) and Ben Johnson (RB from West Ham) I can always count on them to do well for me. 

Just wanting some more ideas, if anyone has loans that you basically dont have to pay any wages whilst they're with you then that would be amazing. 

Thanks in advance :)

Ask your board for an affiliate club. I manage Crewe Alexandra and my board got me Spurs so basically I can loan their youngsters such as Harvey White for free :) White is really good in League One I should say.

Callum Slattery (AMC), Peter Gwargis (AMC) and Yassin Fortune (ST) are all loan signings that have done well for me. Aidan Barlow (free, AMC) is also a good shout.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions :) I tried to get Aiden Barlow but he ended up going to Barnsley instead, I opted not to sign Kaylen Hinds as he didnt have certain attributes I was looking for. 

I'm currently scouting a few of the other names suggested and I have a really decent list now. 

I've managed to get a couple of good youngsters on frees and one particularly pleasing signing was Michael Duffy(LW/RW) on a free transfer from Dundalk. He has great attributes. 

Unfortunately I only have 3k remaining in my wage budget and £100k transfer budget but I've managed to get some good signings :lock:

4 hours ago, B3nnet7 said:

Thank you everyone for your suggestions :) I tried to get Aiden Barlow but he ended up going to Barnsley instead, I opted not to sign Kaylen Hinds as he didnt have certain attributes I was looking for. 

I'm currently scouting a few of the other names suggested and I have a really decent list now. 

I've managed to get a couple of good youngsters on frees and one particularly pleasing signing was Michael Duffy(LW/RW) on a free transfer from Dundalk. He has great attributes. 

Unfortunately I only have 3k remaining in my wage budget and £100k transfer budget but I've managed to get some good signings :lock:

Do you mind posting a screenshot of Michael Duffy please? I'm in need of a winger and my scouts are basically crap so it takes forever to scout players at the moment. :D