Getting offers for your players

Hi all,

currently in pre-season for season 3 of an Arsenal save. Came 2nd in the first season, and did the league/FA Cup double second season. I often find in my saves for the last few versions that I get little or no offers for any of my players, which I find a bit unrealistic. For example in my first season Nketiah was top scorer in the league and no one was interested in buying a young English international scoring a load of goals.

I generally find the only offers I get for players are for ones that I offer to clubs. Does anyone else find this? Any tips for attracting offers for players? I’ve got a big squad which I would like to trim!

thanks in advance.

When offering a player out, I always offer them out for an unspecified transfer fee. Sorry if you already do this, but it kinda works for me however always have small offers because of this.

I've certainly had plenty of unsolicited offers for my players.

I guess if he's playing well and scoring lots of goals at a club that's finished 2nd in the Premier League, teams assume you either don't want to sell or he doesn't want to leave.

These players are at a big club, in a big league, performing really well and probably earn more than what they would be offered somewhere else. Why would they want to leave unless you actively kick them out?

You basically gave the best tip already; actively offer these players out and tell them you don't need them anymore. Yes, that will hurt their values, but you're the one that wants to get rid of them, they are perfectly fine staying.

Thanks all. Offering them out does get offers (but usually at a lower amount). I just don’t seem to get proactive offers from other clubs. Other ‘big clubs’ will be bidding for other players left right and centre, but if I don’t offer any players out I will likely go a whole window without fielding an offer for my players. This doesn’t seem that realistic - Arsenal are not that big of a club anymore, we would struggle to hold on to very good talent and clubs would at least test it out. Part of the challenge would be keeping players away from Liverpool, City, big European teams, etc

16 minutes ago, jdubsnz said:

Thanks all. Offering them out does get offers (but usually at a lower amount). I just don’t seem to get proactive offers from other clubs. Other ‘big clubs’ will be bidding for other players left right and centre, but if I don’t offer any players out I will likely go a whole window without fielding an offer for my players. This doesn’t seem that realistic - Arsenal are not that big of a club anymore, we would struggle to hold on to very good talent and clubs would at least test it out. Part of the challenge would be keeping players away from Liverpool, City, big European teams, etc

Who has bid for Arsenals big players in real life? Unless Arsenal make them available then they don't 

And yes if you offer out a player a team will bid less because you seem desperate so they push their luck, Never offer out a player you aren't willing to lost money on pretty much 

21 minutes ago, jdubsnz said:

That doesn't make sense if you've just win a double and then came 2nd. You should be basing it off what's happening in game rather than real life.

Poor couple of season does not make Arsenal  not a big club. They are still a big club. They do not struggle to keep very good talent.

@cris182 @Grifty all good points (although one could argue that Arsenal don't have people bidding for their players as it is an average squad on high wages but that is a conversation for another day!).  Might not have been clear in my OP - I'm wanting to understand if other people receive regular bids for their players in transfer windows.  It's been a long time since I have had a really big bid come in that makes you think hmmmm....at that price should I sell?  Apologies if my question is not clear :-)

I get CONSTANT offers for my players, so much so, it's damned annoying. Man City went up to £275m for Curtis jones, Barcelona bid on 3 different players in the same day,  none of them are listed as available.  PSG tryin their best to get Moriba from me, and unsettling him with bids..  playing as Liverpool in 2026

30 minutes ago, rinso said:

I get CONSTANT offers for my players, so much so, it's damned annoying. Man City went up to £275m for Curtis jones, Barcelona bid on 3 different players in the same day,  none of them are listed as available.  PSG tryin their best to get Moriba from me, and unsettling him with bids..  playing as Liverpool in 2026

interesting.  did you get that most seasons or only recently (i.e. in 2026)?  I'm in my 3rd season and I've had 1 offer in all those seasons for an unlisted player (Man U bid for Bellerin)

pretty much every season.. the annoying thing about it is, I've improved liverpool to the point where we are, in the rankings, the best team in the world, and still have issues with several players wanting to leave after being unsettled by other clubs...  

11 hours ago, jdubsnz said:

interesting.  did you get that most seasons or only recently (i.e. in 2026)?  I'm in my 3rd season and I've had 1 offer in all those seasons for an unlisted player (Man U bid for Bellerin)

AI offers are based off of the games automatically assigned Asking Price, viewable with the editor for other clubs, and on the offer out transfer screen of your player. If the game assigns all your players higher asking prices than any other club is willing to pay for them, you won’t get offers. I’d suggest setting asking prices for the player rather than offering them or listing them.
I did this in FM20 and sold my 137 CA striker for 45 mil (dollars not euros) before buying his replacement for 7 million and selling him 2 years on for 89 to Bayern, once again reinvesting this money and selling his replacement to Chelsea for 150 million. 
Now obviously selling young strikers is much different than selling an older player at any other position, but messing with the asking price could help you a lot. 
Also, the game world must be taken into account. You’re overachieving, winning a double even, with one of the top 6. You offer wages, reputation, European competition, and now, recent success. The number of clubs that would be interested in the players is very big, but the number of clubs who have a strong enough combination of the above attributes is hard to find. This is probably limiting the number of realistic clubs to somewhere in the 10~15 range, and when these clubs look for a player at any given position, they are balancing Cost (recently won the prem with top 6 club), current ability (recently won the prem), and potential ability. This will make your players much less attractive than slightly worse, younger players as even with the premium on young players yours are still more expensive. As an FM player, I don’t know if I’ve ever bought the a player off of a team at aresenal’s reputation level, let alone their star striker who led the league in goals after they’d won their respective league.

Edited by Sloak

16 hours ago, jdubsnz said:

@cris182 @Grifty all good points (although one could argue that Arsenal don't have people bidding for their players as it is an average squad on high wages but that is a conversation for another day!).  Might not have been clear in my OP - I'm wanting to understand if other people receive regular bids for their players in transfer windows.  It's been a long time since I have had a really big bid come in that makes you think hmmmm....at that price should I sell?  Apologies if my question is not clear :-)

Sold Tielemans to City for 130, James Justin to Psg for 50 and Castagne to Barcelona for 58 million pounds at different times in my 3 seasons with Leicester.

5 hours ago, Sloak said:

AI offers are based off of the games automatically assigned Asking Price, viewable with the editor for other clubs, and on the offer out transfer screen of your player. If the game assigns all your players higher asking prices than any other club is willing to pay for them, you won’t get offers. I’d suggest setting asking prices for the player rather than offering them or listing them.
I did this in FM20 and sold my 137 CA striker for 45 mil (dollars not euros) before buying his replacement for 7 million and selling him 2 years on for 89 to Bayern, once again reinvesting this money and selling his replacement to Chelsea for 150 million. 
Now obviously selling young strikers is much different than selling an older player at any other position, but messing with the asking price could help you a lot. 
Also, the game world must be taken into account. You’re overachieving, winning a double even, with one of the top 6. You offer wages, reputation, European competition, and now, recent success. The number of clubs that would be interested in the players is very big, but the number of clubs who have a strong enough combination of the above attributes is hard to find. This is probably limiting the number of realistic clubs to somewhere in the 10~15 range, and when these clubs look for a player at any given position, they are balancing Cost (recently won the prem with top 6 club), current ability (recently won the prem), and potential ability. This will make your players much less attractive than slightly worse, younger players as even with the premium on young players yours are still more expensive. As an FM player, I don’t know if I’ve ever bought the a player off of a team at aresenal’s reputation level, let alone their star striker who led the league in goals after they’d won their respective league.

Interesting around the asking price, this makes sense. Nketiah was top scorer in season 1, I then brought in Haaland for season 2 when we won the double and Nketiah played a lot less. He is valued at over £60m though. I might change some asking prices and see if that attracts offers

Surprised City hasn't come in for him!

I've had seasons like that too, overperformed like crazy yet no one comes in for my players. Then 1-2 seasons later all of a sudden half the squad is wanted. FM21 is a bit more moody and inconsistent than its predecessor I've found. Not just for transfers, same for ratings and goals/assist.

On 03/01/2021 at 12:53, cris182 said:

Who has bid for Arsenals big players in real life? Unless Arsenal make them available then they don't 

And yes if you offer out a player a team will bid less because you seem desperate so they push their luck, Never offer out a player you aren't willing to lost money on pretty much 

Aubameyang had 2 offers in the summer soooooo youre not quite right.

Maitland-niles had an offer from wolves

a lot of arsenal youngsters always get sold each transfer window too

If hes a got a player scoring a lot at least teams should be interested.

On 03/01/2021 at 18:06, Grifty said:

If you are finishing top two, then you have to compare yourself to if in real life do Liverpool & Man C get bids for their players. Not really.

I guess Sane went on a free then?

what about that spanish cam that went to real madrid?

Danillo???

Liverpool now

Lovren, Shaqurie had offers

There are Offers for players from top two teams

8 hours ago, jere_d said:

I guess Sane went on a free then?

what about that spanish cam that went to real madrid?

Danillo???

Liverpool now

Lovren, Shaqurie had offers

There are Offers for players from top two teams

It does happen, but not very frequently. And to be fair, Lovren and Shaqiri were probably actively pushed towards the exit.

On 03/01/2021 at 12:36, jdubsnz said:

Having good relationships with other managers help to build team bridges. If u are an AH during interviews, that might be a reason.

I often get offers for my players, specially from those Managers I had interactions before.

Also notice that after Brexit, English players count as foreigners, hence less top flight European teams will be interested.

In my opinion, selling players has ALWAYS been like pulling teeth ever since the first CM.

We’re reduced to do this weird offer the player thing and often teams just aren’t interested but then go back and offer for a tiny but less and suddenly all this interest. if you reload and offer different amounts the AI behavior is so odd. 

im not sure exactly how players are sold IRL but I bet it’s nothing like this. So tired of overpaying for players I want and not even getting the value of the players I sell.

I often get offers for my star players for less than half their value who then get unhappy that i wont let them leave while when i try signing anyone they want upto 100x their value and their players never get unhappy about bids rejected.

Selling and buying players in FM is often a ball ache.

2 hours ago, Weed07 said:

I often get offers for my star players for less than half their value who then get unhappy that i wont let them leave while when i try signing anyone they want upto 100x their value and their players never get unhappy about bids rejected.

Selling and buying players in FM is often a ball ache.

Definitely not true, I have on many occasions through the years unsettled a player through bids alone which has allowed me to get the player at a lower value 

Reputation, Contract length, Player personality, Which league etc all has an effect 

I don't think Nketiah is your best example for this question tbh.

British player transfers, especially those performing well and from big clubs are very rare. You generally see an British player transfer from a big club to a lower rep club (Brewster, O'Shea, iwobi - I know he is Nigerian but he is home grown) or a young player making the move to a big club (rose, Delph, Rooney, Ramsey etc).  The only big to big I can think of are like Sterling, Carrick, there's another one I forgot haha.

Furthermore British players hardly ever transfer abroad.

I would bet if Nketiah was European or South American you would be inundated with offers from abroad. Or if you were a lower rep club you would get offers from the likes of United, City etc.

I am currently playing as RC Lens and I have every Tom dick and Harry trying to buy my players. Lazio bid and bought Aster Vranckx off me for 110 million.

I have more of an issue with trying to fight off the bids and keep my players rather than struggling to sell.

But I am seen as a lower rep club.

Out of interest, are you getting offers for your European / South American players that are playing well?

27 minutes ago, sulljda said:

I don't think Nketiah is your best example for this question tbh.

British player transfers, especially those performing well and from big clubs are very rare. You generally see an British player transfer from a big club to a lower rep club (Brewster, O'Shea, iwobi - I know he is Nigerian but he is home grown) or a young player making the move to a big club (rose, Delph, Rooney, Ramsey etc).  The only big to big I can think of are like Sterling, Carrick, there's another one I forgot haha.

Furthermore British players hardly ever transfer abroad.

I would bet if Nketiah was European or South American you would be inundated with offers from abroad. Or if you were a lower rep club you would get offers from the likes of United, City etc.

I am currently playing as RC Lens and I have every Tom dick and Harry trying to buy my players. Lazio bid and bought Aster Vranckx off me for 110 million.

I have more of an issue with trying to fight off the bids and keep my players rather than struggling to sell.

But I am seen as a lower rep club.

Out of interest, are you getting offers for your European / South American players that are playing well?

so regarding players I haven't offered out, no offers for anyone.  And in my squad I have Memphis Depay, Saliba, Partey, Gravenberch, Szoboszlai, Martinelli, Aouar, Haaland, Bennacer, Donnarumma, Gabriel - all these players have been at the club for at least 1 season, so not brand new purchases.  All of them are playing well.  example - Haaland was top scorer in the prem last season.  Surely a Real Madrid/Barca/Bayern/City would be sniffing around?  I think of the times when Arsenal had top talent like Henry, Vieira, Cesc, RvP, Sanchez, etc there was always a struggle to keep them each year (and often we didn't)