Use EDT files to mass-add players to the database

g00dman

Quite simple really. I remember you used to be able to use .EDT files with "FUTURE_REGEN" to add, well, future regens into the rotation or such. I remember trying this with a couple of files in FM19 and never saw them coming through, so I don't know if they still work or if I simply did it wrong or what. But it got me thinking about being able to make a file full of players to add to the database. You know, define a first name, surname, nationality and club. Maybe more detailed options like the "DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN" option.

For example, a format like this:

"ADD_PLAYER" "Fabio" "Fabinho" "Oliveira" "1/1/2003" "Brazil / Portugal" "Flamengo"

Would then add a young Brazilian/Portuguese player named Fabio Oliveira (Fabinho for short) to the Flamengo squad. Maybe added columns for stuff like position or CA/PA and so on. Obviously leaving any of the numerical columns blank would have the game do this on its own, so I could leave out his DOB and then he could be of any age (between 15 and 40 I guess, lol), leave his CA/PA blank and they would be assigned relevant to the club he's at, his age, etc. And no cap on the CA/PA!! :D

No fuss whatsoever. This would be an invaluable tool to people like me who have ambitious projects like a 100% newgen database (related to my earlier suggestion about the 'fake players' stuff, would love to hear what the status of that is btw :D), without needing to do a lot of manual work with the editor. Just put them all in an .EDT file, and hey presto, there they all are when the game loads up.

Cheers!

Edited by g00dman