Using Existing Managers/Players [Suggestion]

cwearing10

This maybe has been mentioned or suggested before so sorry in advance if not enjoy...

i have been playing FM for years, the first one I owned was FM2005 and fell in love with the game, as a massive football fan I loved detail that goes into the game and as I got older I enjoy the stats and analyse side more and more. When I play FM i like to have a story to game or a background and quite often I create a profile on a retired player and play out his career if he was to go on and manage, however my OCD doesn't like to use players that exist in the game as I don't want to duplciate the person. So I think it would be good to take over the profile of an exisitng person in the game and use their profile, background, repuation, coaching badegs and history to create/build upon their manager story.

For Example:

Taking over an exisitng manager: I like Mikel Arteta, I could chose him and become him so my profile is his exisitng one and I could stay as Arsenal manager or pick another team or resign as Arsenal manger and become unemployed

Taking over another backroom staff member: Michael Carrick, an assistant manager who wants to become manager take over his profile and become unemployed or select team

Taking over an Existing player:  Cristiano Ronaldo, by selecting him you retire him as player and he becomes a manager, again you can become unemployed or select team

I hope that makes sense!

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/01/2021 at 03:01, FrazT said:

These options would almost certainly not be possible due to licensing and image rights issues. I'm afraid.

Would it be possible to have them for generated players? For example, I had a long-term save in FM18 with Zurich. About 10 years in, a player came through my academy. He broke in to the first team at 17, became a regular at 19, captain at 26 and stayed in that role until he retired at 35 and joined my coaching staff. Since my coach was 68 at the time, he would probably be considering retirement. I think it would be really cool if I could have chosen to add that generated (now) staff member as a playable coach to replace my retired avatar. That way I would have his entire history already built in to the game world and wouldn't be infringing on licensing/image rights.

• 2 weeks later...