Gameplay too easy

I'm playing fm mobile 2021 and am finding it a little too easy. just won my second premier league title with Chorley in 2030 with a 13 point gap. (also in the champions league final) Any tips on making gameplay more difficult/challenging? (apart from playing FM on desktop 😂)

Make challenges for yourself: try and score 500 goals with one striker, 500 cleansheets with a keeper, etc. 

- You can sell all your top players and not buy anyone anymore, try to survive with your youth. 

- Play with a weird formation (1 defender, no strikers, 5 strikers, etc.)

- Try and make a team consisting of only one nation, how obscurer the nation how better. 

Try winning the Champions League with a team from a smaller nation. I tried it out in Wales on FMM20 and if I remember correctly I only won it in the late 2030s.

You can also try to challenge yourself to win every major trophy for a set of countries / continent. In FMM20 I did it with China / South Korea / Australia where I had to win the main league and cup for each country + Asian Champions League with a team from each country + the Asian Nations Cup with any team. Was another save that took me into the late 2030s to complete.

Right now I am doing it with Canada/USA/Mexico/Argentina and it took me until 2033 to get the NACL with a Canadian team, but have already won Gold Cup and Copa America with Mexico. Just started with Argentinos Juniors in Argentina and am hoping it doesn't take me that long to get the Libertadores!

9 hours ago, Joshuayeoh said:

Thanks guys! 

The survive on youth players options sounds like a tough one

As I've not loaded the smaller nations I'll probably leave it for now but that's a great idea I might revisit!

You don't have those nations to be loaded, if you become the manager of that nation there will be alot more players regenerated from that nation. 

• 2 weeks later...

The best challenge so far for me is the 30+ challenge.

No selling of players, just let the contracts run out until each player is 30+.
You can still buy players for the money your youth and reserve players generate.

It's the old AC Milano way of handling things (sort of).

• SI Staff
On 06/01/2021 at 13:28, Joshuayeoh said:

I'm playing fm mobile 2021 and am finding it a little too easy. just won my second premier league title with Chorley in 2030 with a 13 point gap. (also in the champions league final) Any tips on making gameplay more difficult/challenging? (apart from playing FM on desktop 😂)

Out of interest what makes it too easy for you? - killer formation or you find it too easy to sign great players and form a solid squad? ... or a little of both?

(I find it intriguing and am obviously trying to balance things so you don't find it over easy ... but equally there is a popular thread on the forum ... errr ... about the same game ... complaining its too hard ;) )

8 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Out of interest what makes it too easy for you? - killer formation or you find it too easy to sign great players and form a solid squad? ... or a little of both?

(I find it intriguing and am obviously trying to balance things so you don't find it over easy ... but equally there is a popular thread on the forum ... errr ... about the same game ... complaining its too hard ;) )

Hey,

Yea not sure going for a strong tactic counts as a cheat (I use 4-2-2-2 high press all the time, had its problems along the way and needed to tweak necessarily but gradually became very OP winning me titles year after year)

I think biggest thing I realise is strong teams like Pool and City don't stay as strong as the years go by, they tend to make poor signings even with huge budgets, hence reducing the competitiveness as my team grows.

And as I was progressing up I had problems with key players wanting to leave for bigger clubs or being tempted by high wages but I have not had that since my 3rd season in the Prem, which makes forming a solid squad a little too easy. 

Also, I was given something like a 70m budget in my 3rd Prem season, finishing on 7th place the season before, which is unrealistically too much. 

For context, it took me 3 seasons to win the Prem after coming up from the Championship.

Hope this helps! I really love the game and thanks again to the staff for their hard work :)

IMG_30F9E580B1C3-1.jpeg