What makes new player immediately love a club?

Some players love the way the club is being managed and the way their manager is treating them. Some do so immediately after joining the club. What makes them feel so? The only thing I found, is that usually those are bad players, so it may have something to do with their low reputation relative to that of a club and a manager. But there's more to it. Since I never use editor, I am a bit lost. Is it low controversy? High loyalty? High adaptability? Similar personality with a manager?

• 3 months later...

I finally figured it out with editor.

It is calculated as 

Loyalty+Temperament-Pressure

A player can be happy, very happy or delighted about the way you manage the club and about how you treat him.

Edited by nully29

22 hours ago, nully29 said:

I finally figured it out with editor.

It is calculated as 

Loyalty+Temperament-Pressure

A player can be happy, very happy or delighted about the way you manage the club and about how you treat him.

Loyalty and loving the club are great, but they get undermined by Ambition when you're at a smaller club.

23 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Loyalty and loving the club are great, but they get undermined by Ambition when you're at a smaller club.

Yeah, you basically need to accept all offers or risk a mutiny in your team. And if you accept an offer and sell your star, ambitions teammates will riot anyway.

3 minutes ago, nully29 said:

Yeah, you basically need to accept all offers or risk a mutiny in your team. And if you accept an offer and sell your star, ambitions teammates will riot anyway.

My experience is that the chairman repeatedly sells players over my head, and then the board and fans put the blame on me! In 2 successive TDDs I lost my star striker followed by star (and only experienced) goalkeeper (neither of whom wanted a move anyway), and blow me down, result were affected. :seagull:

On 07/05/2021 at 13:35, phnompenhandy said:

My experience is that the chairman repeatedly sells players over my head, and then the board and fans put the blame on me! In 2 successive TDDs I lost my star striker followed by star (and only experienced) goalkeeper (neither of whom wanted a move anyway), and blow me down, result were affected. :seagull:

Didn't you say in one of your old posts that when you create your team you appoint your wife chairman? If so you should speak to her :lol: . If it wasn't you who said that then my apologies.

2 hours ago, Hovis Dexter said:

Didn't you say in one of your old posts that when you create your team you appoint your wife chairman? If so you should speak to her :lol: . If it wasn't you who said that then my apologies.

Well remembered! I do and she's my current chairman (president). Makes for good banter when I grumble at her twice a week!