Managers view of attributes should be based on coaches and scouts JPA instead of the ground truth attributes

Platinum

• Platinum changed the title to Managers view of attributes should be based on coaches and scouts JPA instead of the ground truth attributes

Agree fully - I find no attributes skins slightly too restrictive overall but like this idea. A LLaMa would never look at CA or PA, but if I can see everything else as a "true" attribute then I might as well.

This works with stars in reports, so something similar for attributes gets my vote.

I would like also option to judge staff ability based on best current staff ability, coz it is also seems not that real that we know all coaches parameters precisely. So if your stuff is good in judging ability you got good estimates, but if not than you just see rough estimated range.

15 hours ago, Junkhead said:

Agree fully - I find no attributes skins slightly too restrictive overall but like this idea. A LLaMa would never look at CA or PA, but if I can see everything else as a "true" attribute then I might as well.

This works with stars in reports, so something similar for attributes gets my vote.

Yeah the no attribute skins are the opposite extreme and are also unrealistic. The coach reports are clearly meant as an addition to attributes and are not detailed enough by themselves. The solution I proposed is a happy medium and is the most realistic in my opinion

57 minutes ago, SkorpEN said:

I would like also option to judge staff ability based on best current staff ability, coz it is also seems not that real that we know all coaches parameters precisely. So if your stuff is good in judging ability you got good estimates, but if not than you just see rough estimated range.

I hadnt thought about this but it is true that having complete knowledge of how good a staff member is that you dont employ is odd, and its not like you can scout a staff member.

I dont think using a 'Judging Staff Ability' attribute is realistic either though because your staff members wont even know who most other staff members from other clubs are and its not like they can scout them. The more realistic option is probably a dossier on what the staff member has achieved such as 'improved attacking attributes of players at club', 'worked particularly well with the youngsters', 'helped improve tactical familiarity of the players' , but this would be a complete overhaul (I would support this though)

If I can play devil's advocate here, I would say the high number of attributes per player and the complexity of the match engine reduce the need for this fog of war you want. If on this thread we were to compare a given player's dribbling ability based on his attributes, I'm sure we would arrive to different valuations depending on how we think the different attributes impact dribbling. The key here is that we don't know exactly how attributes impact what happens on the pitch.

For example, you may see high dribbling and agility attributes and conclude the player is a great dribbler, while I may judge he is average based on this hypotethical player's average speed, flair and balance. These differences in valuation would be even greater if we are judging the whole player. For me, the best proof of how this works is the fact that in every team I've managed I've been surprised by players performing much better or much worse than I thought they would based on their attributes.

To take my argument one step further, it could be argued that most attributes in isolation can be judged in a fairly objective way. You can definetely do it with the physical attributes and most of the technical attributes. 

What I think the game needs is for player attributes to fluctuate much more than they do and for scouting of players in other teams to be MUCH harder than it currently is. In that way you would have more cases where you buy a player thinking he is very good and ends up being bad, which obviously happens a lot in real football and not enough in FM.

Good post! Was fun to think about this.

Edited by TokyoWanderer

• 1 month later...

this thread is an example of the demand of an overhaul.  I dont think attributes should be removed unless the scout and reports have a massive overhaul as we just wouldn't have enough information about the skills of a player. I think my suggestion in the OP of this thread (based on coaches opinion) is the best solution.