Which roles would you apply DM and CMs?

The thing with the Regista is it's a roaming and aggressive role, and tends to neglect his defensive duties.  As far as I remember, Tonali's off the ball is not great, so you could just put him as a DLP, so he stays in the hole spraying passes to the players in front. If you must use a Regista, then I'd recommend you use a more "responsible", less glamorous role in the center of the pitch.  In terms of ratings, good luck getting great ones for all three, because to ensure a team performance you'll still need a water-carrrier type who will do the simple things and ensure your machine is ticking. With the set-up you have now, who is going to be the one to slow things down or at least keep things steady if and when one of your players loses the ball?

I'm at work right now, but it's like this (I will put an screenshot after that if you want):

Mentality Very Attacking

SKd

CRCs DFCd DFCd FBd

DLPs

DLPs       MEZs (Swap position with other MC)

IFs                          IFs (or a, can't remember right now)

DLAa (swap position with Left IFs)

I have a top team.

Id consider DLP (D) with two simple CM (s) in front, with PI’s on the CM’s to make the most of one with more creative skills if appropriate. I’d watch that and then perhaps consider changing one to a cm (a) on the side with the wb (s) if it wasn’t too overloaded up top. You have a front 3, overlapping wingbacks already and a positive mentality, your central midfield in my opinion needs to be much more reserved as you’ve effectively already got a front 5 there if the opposition is sitting deep, so I wouldn’t want more players cluttering the same space

2 hours ago, kalokalitokalo said:

I'm at work right now, but it's like this (I will put an screenshot after that if you want):

Mentality Very Attacking

SKd

CRCs DFCd DFCd FBd

DLPs

DLPs       MEZs (Swap position with other MC)

IFs                          IFs (or a, can't remember right now)

DLAa (swap position with Left IFs)

I have a top team.

Thanks that would be great. What is CRCs ?

I'm not playing at the same level as the teams in the rest of this thread, but having great fun with a possession dominating 433 with the following, very simple  setup:

GK - SK (D)

RB  - FB (S)

CDs - CD (D)

LB - WB (S)

DM - DMC (D)

CMR - CM (A)

CML - CM (S)

AMR - W(S)

AML - IW (A)

SC - PF (S)

Balanced mentality, shorter passing, more disciplined. Higher DLine and LOE. Counter-Press on. GK distributes to full-backs.

The DMC and the CML, while not playing as playmakers, dictate the play. How the team plays and keeps possession depends on which player plays in those roles.

For example my regular DMC has Plays Short Passes and Dwells on Ball PPMs, so he literally sits in front of the defence and keeps the ball ticking over. Gets it, passes it. Gets it, passes it. Etc. While he's not flashy, he helps us dominate the play.

The CML is similar but is always the spare man for the pass in the various 'triangles' that this setup creates. He links with the DMC, the WB, the AML and the striker, not to mention his midfield partner.