Loan interest completely absent compared to previous FM's

In previous editions of FM I was able to fairly easily find loans for my players. I'm currently the Eredivisie champion and I'm looking to loan out some fairly talented players, sometimes even for free, but there's zero interest. How come? In previous FM's I'd get 20-30 teams interested in the loan and some teams even paying hefty fees.

9 hours ago, Viktor Ilivanov said:

Hello and thanks for the feedback.

Can you upload a savegame for us to look into? Here's how you can: 

Kind regards,

Vik

The save is named Jules Damoiseaux - FC Utrecht test.fm

Cheers for the save, @JulesD :thup:

I understand your frustration, but there's a lot to take into account when it comes to transfer and loan dealings.

For example, trying to loan out 4 of those younsters in mid-June (Li Jin, Petur Brjornsson, Oskar Siira Sivertsen, Robin Horst) returned only two loan offers for Li Jin. Offering out the same 4 on 11th July resulted in 40+ offers :thup: (only Ivar Jenner didn't gather any interest, but I guess he can be taken up during the season, if you persist offering him out). 

I hope this helps and let me know if the problem persists!

Kind regards,

Vik

I will give it another try in the transfer window in july. Previously it was easy to loan out players and have teams pay fees and allow them to play regularly. Now it is often a squad player role and no loan fees.

On 18/01/2021 at 08:34, Viktor Ilivanov said:

The fees being low (or AI pulling out too soon) in loan deals are issues that we're looking into :)

I have tried loaning a number of players for FREE in the July transfer period and there is no interest. These players have performed incredibly well in my B team who won the second division in the Dutch league with great stats. For example a player who predominantly played left back with 5 goals and 13 assists in 28 matched and an average rating of 7.67. There is no interest and often teams only want to give them a 'squad player' role. I am confident that many of these players are in fact better than the majority of the players in the first league with the exception of the top 5-6. In real life the team I play has loaned out a number of players to other Dutch teams so it is unrealistic that no one wants to loan them in FM. I have tried loaning them to affiliate clubs instead but I find them rejecting these loans which is quite frustrating.

The players I am speaking of:

- José Marsà

- Adam Lewis

- Sivert Mannsverk

Before you speak about 'there is a lot to take into account when it comes to loans', I have played this game the same way for many editions and loans have never been a problem. In fact I was able to loan out many players with fees up to 500k per month. Now there is zero interest even when I loan them out for free.

I have uploaded my save to the cloud, the save is called 'No loans - FC Utrecht test.fm'

Edited by JulesD

...I was able to loan out many players with fees up to 500k per month. Now there is zero interest even when I loan them out for free.

I know what you mean, because I played like that as well in the years before FM became my workday ;) 

The game working in a specific way for a few editions doesn't mean it was realistic or optimal - hence why I said there's a lot to take in and a lot of changes have been made in that regard.

With that in mind, I will have a look in the save to investigate the lack of interest :thup:

Kind regards,

Vik

15 minutes ago, Viktor Ilivanov said:

I know what you mean, because I played like that as well in the years before FM became my workday ;) 

The game working in a specific way for a few editions doesn't mean it was realistic or optimal - hence why I said there's a lot to take in and a lot of changes have been made in that regard.

With that in mind, I will have a look in the save to investigate the lack of interest :thup:

Kind regards,

Vik

Cheers for the reply and your effort to look into this.

I can imagine paying loan fees of up to 500k per month is a bit of a cheese, but loan interest where at least the wages are covered to an extent or where teams actually want to play your player would be more realistic. I also can't get my head around the fact that it's often teams that are relatively far away from the Dutch league, geographically speaking. It'd be more logical if Dutch teams were interested, and to a lesser extent Belgian, German, Danish or even lower league English sides. I mean, it's great if Las Palmas are interested in loaning my regen Norwegian whose only claim to fame is performing in the B league, but I just don't see it happening IRL.

Additionally, it'd be no more than transparent if SI reported such a shift from previous loan dealings. 

The only thing reported I could find is this: "Something we can talk about today is one of the ways that loans are changing in FM21. Now you'll be able to agree future loan deals outside of transfer windows meaning that you can get those short-term deals signed and sealed well ahead of schedule. Of course, you'll need to wait for the transfer window to open before the loan player can link up with your squad but you'll have plenty of time to plan out how you're going to utilise them before they get there."

Reading this it makes no sense that the only period teams are interested in loans is during transfer windows. https://www.footballmanager.com/features/interaction

Just take a look at the current loans from FC Utrecht, I'd be so happy if any of the teams that currently loan Utrecht players would also do it in FM:

https://www.transfermarkt.nl/fc-utrecht/leihspieler/verein/200

Edited by JulesD

On 25/01/2021 at 09:44, Viktor Ilivanov said:

Kind regards,

Vik

Any news Vik?

Cheers

On 13/01/2021 at 09:40, Viktor Ilivanov said:

Uploaded file, its called brianoddeicantgetloanfee.  As you can see from title i cant even get a loan fee for a good player like Brian Oddei, man utd etc interested but not willing to pay a poxy 100k a month loan fee, for a club like man utd it is sill and wouldnt happen.  Thank you 

Hello and thanks for the feedback.

Can you upload a savegame for us to look into? Here's how you can: 

Kind regards,

Vik

Hey @JulesD,

in the savegame presented there are already offers for two of the players, while the 3rd player, Adam Lewis, there's a separate issue for him. The fact that his Playing Time is Important Player and he's not kicking up a fuss that he's listed for loan is peculiar and I've submitted it to the dev team for review.

Hello @Flumpy_85 and thanks for the uploaded save.

Considering Oddei's wages alone, not every club can afford to loan him in January. When I offered him out for loan, there are 4 offers on the table, so it seems okay.

Kind regards,

Vik

3 hours ago, Viktor Ilivanov said:

Hey @JulesD,

in the savegame presented there are already offers for two of the players, while the 3rd player, Adam Lewis, there's a separate issue for him. The fact that his Playing Time is Important Player and he's not kicking up a fuss that he's listed for loan is peculiar and I've submitted it to the dev team for review.

Considering Oddei's wages alone, not every club can afford to loan him in January. When I offered him out for loan, there are 4 offers on the table, so it seems okay.

Kind regards,

Vik

The club's who are interested could afford the wage and fee  no problem eg man utd.  Also oddei was just an example I can't get loan fees for any of my wonderkids or well developed youngsters.  It just seems like si has drastically reduced out ability to receive loan fees so we cant loan loads of players and then make money from them.  If this is the case just say so. There is a massive difference in loans from last year's edition.

22 hours ago, Viktor Ilivanov said:

Hey @JulesD,

Kind regards,

Vik

Thank you for your time Vik, but there's still several issues at hand

- The interest is limited compared to previous editions. Normally there should be 10 to 15, sometimes even 30 teams interested. Especially when there is no loan fee. Why would my competitors not want free players? They want them IRL, but not in FM. This isn't accurate. See: Cerny (Twente), Guwara (VVV Venlo), Venema (NAC Breda), Arweiler (ADO Den Haag), Mitchell van Rooijen (Excelsior), Lonwijk (Viborg FF). Makes no sense for someone like Mansverk to only have a Norwegian team be interested when this player is a leading player for most mid table and bottom side Eredivisie sides. Or to have Adam Lewis loaned out to West Brom when he performed incredibly well in the Keuken Kampioen Divisie. If a left back were to perform that well in the second league, there'd be a myriad of Dutch teams interested. https://www.transfermarkt.nl/fc-utrecht/transfers/verein/200

- Playing time is often limited to 'squad player', when selecting a bigger role the loan offer will be rejected. Why do none of the teams want to play this player more often when he is clearly better than other Eredivisie players?

- The wage percentages are more often than not restricted to 0%. Seems like a bug.

- I have yet to see any team offer more than 50k per week for any player, whilst I remember loaning out players for ten times this amount in previous editions.

On 02/02/2021 at 08:27, JulesD said:

Thank you for your time Vik, but there's still several issues at hand

- The interest is limited compared to previous editions. Normally there should be 10 to 15, sometimes even 30 teams interested. Especially when there is no loan fee. Why would my competitors not want free players? They want them IRL, but not in FM. This isn't accurate. See: Cerny (Twente), Guwara (VVV Venlo), Venema (NAC Breda), Arweiler (ADO Den Haag), Mitchell van Rooijen (Excelsior), Lonwijk (Viborg FF). Makes no sense for someone like Mansverk to only have a Norwegian team be interested when this player is a leading player for most mid table and bottom side Eredivisie sides. Or to have Adam Lewis loaned out to West Brom when he performed incredibly well in the Keuken Kampioen Divisie. If a left back were to perform that well in the second league, there'd be a myriad of Dutch teams interested. https://www.transfermarkt.nl/fc-utrecht/transfers/verein/200

- Playing time is often limited to 'squad player', when selecting a bigger role the loan offer will be rejected. Why do none of the teams want to play this player more often when he is clearly better than other Eredivisie players?

- The wage percentages are more often than not restricted to 0%. Seems like a bug.

- I have yet to see any team offer more than 50k per week for any player, whilst I remember loaning out players for ten times this amount in previous editions.

The loan system is broken.  I can't even get money for top tier premier League players, when I ask for a fee they reduce the playing time to fringe player and then offer even less money.  Don't know why si won't just tell us about they have change it on there is an issue, there clearly is.

Edited by Flumpy_85

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

Hi @JulesD

Changes have been made to loan negotiations and interest levels for the latest update. These things are difficult to fine tune as so many factors are involved and some elements of it are open to subjectivity (i.e. what constitutes a reasonable number of interest clubs in a loan listed player).

If you have found examples on the latest 21.3 update that you still believe constitute unrealistic loan negotiations or interest levels, please upload a save game and I'll happily look into it.

thanks,

Julius

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/02/2021 at 13:52, Julius Flusfeder said:

Hi @JulesD

Changes have been made to loan negotiations and interest levels for the latest update. These things are difficult to fine tune as so many factors are involved and some elements of it are open to subjectivity (i.e. what constitutes a reasonable number of interest clubs in a loan listed player).

If you have found examples on the latest 21.3 update that you still believe constitute unrealistic loan negotiations or interest levels, please upload a save game and I'll happily look into it.

thanks,

Julius

I will upload a save game later today or tomorrow. I have succeeded in loaning out many of my talents, but there is little to no interest from teams from the same nation sadly. Even when I put the loan wage percentage to 0. This makes it hard to help players familiarise with the league and also makes no sense taking into account the many loans FC Utrecht has to other Eredivisie teams IRL.