FMF file suddenly no longer showing in PGE

Kanwulf

For the past 2 months or so, I've been keeping a editor data file that was doing all transfer in Asia and copying all the research work I've been doing so I can just plug and play a save on the fly when I want. The file had something like 15k changes and now it's simply vanished without a trace or explanation.

The file still appears in my editor data file (transfers.fmf)

99444172ac460addb08d05785127ac06.png

But when I load up the editor and try to find the fmf file to continue editing, this is all I can find:

c73d454c012e0e5b1942835755e31f9d.png

I've attached the file for you to investigate. The amount of hours I've spent doing this makes this absolutely enfuriating to be honest.

Transfers.fmf

2 hours ago, Rob2900 said:

Exact same issue as this and it's been weeks - unistalled and reinstalled several times.

I fear the file has broken but I’ve no idea why. Hopefully we get a response soon

24 minutes ago, Kanwulf said:

I fear the file has broken but I’ve no idea why. Hopefully we get a response soon

I don't think it's broken, none of my files appear in editor data anymore - it's incredibly annoying, even when I download them from the steam workshop and put them in the correct folder.

1 hour ago, Kanwulf said:

I think I fixed this, delete everything - including the steam files and libraries (don't just uninstall and reinstall) and now it seems to work

• SI Staff
On 12/01/2021 at 20:10, Kanwulf said:

For the past 2 months or so, I've been keeping a editor data file that was doing all transfer in Asia and copying all the research work I've been doing so I can just plug and play a save on the fly when I want. The file had something like 15k changes and now it's simply vanished without a trace or explanation.

The file still appears in my editor data file (transfers.fmf)

But when I load up the editor and try to find the fmf file to continue editing, this is all I can find:

I've attached the file for you to investigate. The amount of hours I've spent doing this makes this absolutely enfuriating to be honest.

Hi, we've got a similar issue under review currently where the same thing happened but I'm afraid have had no luck so far reproducing/figuring out what the cause was. However, I will send your file over to investigate as hopefully it may provide more clues as to what has caused this bug. Thanks

2 hours ago, Freddie Sands said:

Hi, we've got a similar issue under review currently where the same thing happened but I'm afraid have had no luck so far reproducing/figuring out what the cause was. However, I will send your file over to investigate as hopefully it may provide more clues as to what has caused this bug. Thanks

Cheers Freddie!

• 2 months later...
On 15/01/2021 at 16:42, Freddie Sands said:

Hi

I have the same problem, with my fmf file, after the new update 21.4.0

Laulund.fmf