How to edit or manipulate travel costs?

HurricaneMan6

I'm building an American Pro/Rel database. There are 4 teams that are based in Alaska, all of them in the 6th tier of my system. Their reps range from 1300-1500. Their starting balance is all the same. Their travel expenses have yet to top out at more than $350 in a given month, and they've taken more than 1 trip to a team in the continental US.

Building off of this, I got curious and explored travel costs throughout the pyramid. I found that aside from physical distance, reputation and division level have an affect on this as well, but can't pin down their relationship to properly calibrate the finances for these new leagues.

Does anyone have any insight?

A grey area i think . I posed this question a few years ago . Every ground has a Longitude and Latitude but a lot have none but you can enter your own by using Google Maps or any other map service . I believe this helps when building a new stadium or it should anyways keep the new stadium in the same vicinity . As for travel there two teams in Australia that travel 10520 klms or 6532 miles return for an away game . I know in the money section you can pay a club so many $ per 100 klms travelled which does show in finances . I worked it out at $400 per 100 kilometres travelled = $42080 . At $1000 for a return flight per person in real life and say taking 23 players plus staff etc so about 40 people total would be $40000 . So thats a close estimate . guess the trick is to make sure all grounds have latitude and longitude showing

On 13/01/2021 at 12:11, HurricaneMan6 said:

I'm building an American Pro/Rel database. There are 4 teams that are based in Alaska, all of them in the 6th tier of my system. Their reps range from 1300-1500. Their starting balance is all the same. Their travel expenses have yet to top out at more than $350 in a given month, and they've taken more than 1 trip to a team in the continental US.

Building off of this, I got curious and explored travel costs throughout the pyramid. I found that aside from physical distance, reputation and division level have an affect on this as well, but can't pin down their relationship to properly calibrate the finances for these new leagues.

Does anyone have any insight?

Obviously not interested then ?

17 hours ago, alian62 said:

Obviously not interested then ?

Sorry my dude, been under the weather.

I actually saw your post from a few years ago while trying to figure this out. The problem is, at least for the US, the distances don't track with the expenses in the same way. With those Alaskan teams I mentioned, they have their lat/long set, and they travel to Seattle to a team that has its lat/long set as well. A flight that would cost one person $350 ends up costing the entire team that amount for some reason.

8 hours ago, HurricaneMan6 said:

Sorry my dude, been under the weather.

I actually saw your post from a few years ago while trying to figure this out. The problem is, at least for the US, the distances don't track with the expenses in the same way. With those Alaskan teams I mentioned, they have their lat/long set, and they travel to Seattle to a team that has its lat/long set as well. A flight that would cost one person $350 ends up costing the entire team that amount for some reason.

More investigation is needed so i will look into it . 

Stay healthy