Repetitively conceding winners or equalisers after the allotted injury/added time

I have conceded a winner or equaliser on 12 occasions (12 different games), after the allotted amount of injury time. So 12/34 games. Over 1/3 of my games.

After reading Twitter, this seems to be quite common. Feels pointless, as I don't tend to win unless I have a two goal lead. The inevitable highlight after added time, seems to happen way too much. I feel powerless and it's extremely unrealistic.

An example image attached. FYI... this was the goal with the shortest amount of time after the allotted injury time,

Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 01.30.30.png

Injury time is the minimum added time, not the maximum, FYI.

If you're vulnerable to conceding late goals, it would be worth making sure your players are focused (not complacent or nervous) and/or tightening up the tactic so that it's more difficult to create chances against you. If you concede a specific goal (like defenders getting beaten in the air) subbing a more capable player (aerially speaking) for another is also an option. :thup:

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/01/2021 at 04:54, HUNT3R said:

Injury time is the minimum added time, not the maximum, FYI.

If you're vulnerable to conceding late goals, it would be worth making sure your players are focused (not complacent or nervous) and/or tightening up the tactic so that it's more difficult to create chances against you. If you concede a specific goal (like defenders getting beaten in the air) subbing a more capable player (aerially speaking) for another is also an option. :thup:

You're 100% correct. But if anyone can provide evidence of this happening 12 times to one team in a season, with the minimum amount of time (after ET) being 27 seconds when the equaliser/winner is conceded, I'll reverse my opinion.

I make the exact changes you suggest, in most games. Drop deeper, use the correct shouts, change formation, bring on fresh legs, change other instructions, adapt to opposition changes etc... but it continues to happen. And it seems I'm not the only one. I've tested this with Man United, Northampton, Darmstadt and Atletico Madrid. I'm not reporting the fact that it happens... I'm reporting the amount that it happens.

40 minutes ago, TomCampbe11 said:

You're 100% correct. But if anyone can provide evidence of this happening 12 times to one team in a season, with the minimum amount of time (after ET) being 27 seconds when the equaliser/winner is conceded, I'll reverse my opinion.

I make the exact changes you suggest, in most games. Drop deeper, use the correct shouts, change formation, bring on fresh legs, change other instructions, adapt to opposition changes etc... but it continues to happen. And it seems I'm not the only one. I've tested this with Man United, Northampton, Darmstadt and Atletico Madrid. I'm not reporting the fact that it happens... I'm reporting the amount that it happens.

That is high, so would definitely suggest looking into the issue more. I didn't give you exact changes. Just a few general ideas. Maybe even get some advice from the tactics forum. They're a good bunch and always looking to help. :thup: